Mar 14, 2014, 03:34 AM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Data Files for the above graphs
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Bob, both those files produce altitude graphs for me. Is there something I'm missing?
Mar 14, 2014, 12:08 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
When I try to analyze the one flight graph, it becomes a single line, like the image shows. The multi day graph ( with lots of launches) works OK. I assume some header information is probably missing in the truncated one flight data. (clipped from the multi day data set)

BP
Mar 14, 2014, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Bob, what happens if you click and drag up and to the left (zoom out) on the graph that is not displaying properly? The data files do not have headers. Only the logging interval on the first line. The data looks normal.
Mar 14, 2014, 12:32 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
The plot is still a straight line. If I clear the analysis it goes back to the normal graph.

The voltage line stays normal, as does the other logged information.
The file 3-9-14 Validol full.bpm works as it should
Mar 14, 2014, 12:38 PM
Thread OP
Oh, now I see, it is after running the DLG Analysis. Ok, now I have something to look at!
Mar 14, 2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs608
Youll need to download Java. Java opens the jar file and will download data.

Be aware that downloader shows less height than what is called out by f3k master.
I have noticed this too....I thought it was something I missed before but I just got back and the F3K master readout is higher than the downloaded file. Is there a fix for this??
Mar 14, 2014, 09:27 PM
Not yet. But Adrian says he'll be looking into it during his next coding session.
Mar 15, 2014, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
I have a feeling it has to do with this line:
return (((Math.pow((((double)basePressure/100)/((double)pressure/100)), 1/5.257) - 1.0) * ((temp/10) + 273.15)) / 0.0065);//sea_press /
Mar 15, 2014, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
The problem with the downloader graphing lower values seems to be to do with the temperature compensation calculations on the data. It comes up with different values for calculations on the device vs in the downloader. I have removed the compensation in the downloader and it seems to be better.

Also, I have fixed the version check as well as the climb rate value (it recorded about half what the climb rate really was). Changing the climb rate units to meters/sec and feet/sec (instead of feet/min) so F3KM takes less time to readout as well as making more sense for this particular application.

New versions to be released after some field testing!
Mar 15, 2014, 04:24 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Nice work Adrian!
Mar 15, 2014, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Version 4.7 is published in the first post now.
Mar 18, 2014, 11:43 PM
Thread OP
V8.07 of F3K Master has been released with a change for the BTOA!

- New “Perfect Score” contest mode to score all results against a “perfect score” (for the F3K Masters online contest https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2127614)
- Fixed contest data lost when changing contest name
- BTOA climb rate units changed to feet/sec instead of feet/min (requires BTOA firmware 4.7 or higher)
- Moved Multi-Player options to results tab for easier access and higher visibility
Mar 27, 2014, 09:14 PM
the icbm of pilots
Ok I just flashed the btoa what settings should I use
Mar 27, 2014, 10:01 PM
Thread OP
Skyler, the default settings work great.

One setting to note is the Bluetooth TX power.
Set this to a value that makes it connect at the right time as you land. If you have to hold the plane and wait for it to connect, turn up the BT power one step. If it connects too soon, reduce the power.

Also, (if possible) make sure the side with the BT antenna (opposite side to the wire/usb connector) is not completely shielded in carbon.

The rest depends on your setup or what you want it to do.

Quick Reply