Jul 21, 2013, 07:09 PM
Adrian
The unit works. However the downloader program is unable to locate any serial port
Also pm your payment address
Thanks
Rick
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2013, 12:20 AM
A different attitude to RC
Rick, are you using Mac or Windows?
Jul 22, 2013, 12:33 AM
Throw it like you hate it
Amazing work, Adrian! Alas, I don't have an android device your innovation continues to amaze me! Thanks for all you do for the F3K community.
Paul
Jul 22, 2013, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the comments Paul!
Get yourself a droid? They are available quite affordably now, used or new.
Jul 22, 2013, 01:16 AM
I have more devices available now. PM me if you want one. They go quick!
Next batch will be a week or so away.
Jul 22, 2013, 05:16 AM
Is it possible to mail them to Europe or is there anyone in Europe who has assembled those?
Jul 22, 2013, 07:29 AM
Windows Vista
Jul 22, 2013, 08:16 AM

linux downloader

hi adrian, just got my BTOA, thanks!
I've managed to get the Mac downloader to open (no logs yet to download though) but was wondering if someone has already compiled the downloader under gnu/linux?

Tx!
Jul 22, 2013, 09:13 AM
Slope-a-Dope
subbed
Jul 22, 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementik
Is it possible to mail them to Europe or is there anyone in Europe who has assembled those?
Hi,

yes of course I haven't assembled the brand new board, but the one before. Why do you ask? How can i help you? All devices work very nice, won't miss them any more
Jul 22, 2013, 09:26 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I'm an iPhone user so I have no Android phone. If I wanted to use this what would be the most affordable solution...since I'd buy an android device for this function alone?
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
Jul 22, 2013, 09:56 AM
Please have a look at this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3KMaster&hl=de

Jul 22, 2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementik
Yes, I can mail one to Europe for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickj.1151
Windows Vista
Rick, can you try installing the classic OA downloader from www.openaltimeter.org and then try running the new version again and see if that gets it working for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkz
hi adrian, just got my BTOA, thanks!
I've managed to get the Mac downloader to open (no logs yet to download though) but was wondering if someone has already compiled the downloader under gnu/linux?

Tx!
Not that I am aware of, but being a JAR file, it may just run as is. Pleased to hear you got it. Please update us here with your progress if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I'm an iPhone user so I have no Android phone. If I wanted to use this what would be the most affordable solution...since I'd buy an android device for this function alone?
Some have been getting really cheap pre-pay phones and just not activating them. I believe Target has some amongst other stores.

PS: you would not be the first to buy a phone just for this
Jul 22, 2013, 12:12 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
If you get an Andriod phone, it is not necessary to activate it.

My $50 LeMon special has been working great!

BP
Jul 22, 2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
If you get an Andriod phone, it is not necessary to activate it.

My $50 LeMon special has been working great!

BP
Thanks Bob, I forgot to include that little bit of info!

Quick Reply