Jul 17, 2013, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Durafly T-28 Trojan Vs a Parkzone T-28 Trojan

After all the great things I've read and heard about the "T-28 Trojan", I would like to p[ut one in my hanger. While reviewing this plan, I've run into the Durafly T-28 Trojan and the Parkzone T-28 Trojan.

Can someone please tell me if these are the same planes made with the same material???? Is there any differene between the Durafly and the Parkzone
T-8 Trojan ??????

Many thanks for your review and comments.

Ron C.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Christensen
After all the great things I've read and heard about the "T-28 Trojan", I would like to p[ut one in my hanger. While reviewing this plan, I've run into the Durafly T-28 Trojan and the Parkzone T-28 Trojan.

Can someone please tell me if these are the same planes made with the same material???? Is there any differene between the Durafly and the Parkzone T-8 Trojan ??????

No they are not the same plane. They vary some in size and amenities. They are both made of foam although I do not know if it is the same type. I recommend the ParkZone T-28 over the Durafly as parts for the PZ are readily available.

Many thanks for your review and comments.

Ron C.
However I wonder if you are ready for a low wing plane. I have followed you posts here on RCG and it appears the only thing you have flown is a ParkZone Radian and that not too successfully. Did it survive the tree?

May I suggest you do three things.

First, get a computer simulator. An inexpensive one can be had from NitroPlanes.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/e4chflsitrki.html

Second, consider the HobbyZone Super Cub.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...lp-bnf-HBZ7380
Being a high wing plane it is more stable than the low wing T-28.

Third, contact a local RC club and get some instruction.

Glen
Aug 05, 2013, 07:47 AM
Thread OP

T-28 Trojan

Hi Glen: Thanks for your thoughtful comments. They are spot on!!

U're right, My success with the radian has been somewhat successful. But it's those success' that are driving me to continue trying to learn to fly. By the way, I dod, get the Radian out of the tree, and was flfying it the net day.

In response to u're reply, I have attached myself to a very active RC Group in the Bay Area, and have a very accomplished pilot and instructor of that group working with me -- Kasra. Kasra is well known and very much respected in the Bay Area for giving relentlessly of his time to new "pilots" and persons who just want to try flying. He very much enjoys teaching new pilots. He not only says this, but you can see it and feel it when working with him.

That's the only way I would even think of flying the T-28 at this time. Using Kasra in a "Buddy Pilot" relationship.

So, in closing, thanks for your comments, and I plan to get this right sooner or later; and feel like at least, I'm on the right track.

Ron C.
Aug 05, 2013, 12:38 PM
Ron,

You are on the right track getting an instructor. The T-28 will be in good hands now.

Glen

Quick Reply