The WLToys V262 Review (brushed A.R.Drone clone) - Page 52 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 13, 2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. As I said, I am able to toggle the LEDs so I presume it is binding ok?

The manual says blinking red led is a depleted battery - but the charging light has gone off on the charger.

This is my first quad, so can't test with another TX I'm afraid.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
Unplug and wait.
Plug in and rebind.
Mine only did that once.
I left the Tx on and ran the batteries completely dead.
I had to Bind. Shut down. Repower everything and re-bind.
If that gets you throttle response, do the calibration procedure before taking flight.
Both sticks to bottom right. wait for led to flash fast. let go wait for solid light. fly
Aug 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJayCee
Thanks for the reply. As I said, I am able to toggle the LEDs so I presume it is binding ok?

The manual says blinking red led is a depleted battery - but the charging light has gone off on the charger.

This is my first quad, so can't test with another TX I'm afraid.
Mine did the same, i could switch lights on and off and start/stop the cam.
Aug 13, 2013, 03:25 PM
Ok, I have tried:
  1. power on tx
  2. plug in lipo to quad
  3. throttle up and down
  4. tx beeps - can now toggle leds
  5. red led still flashing on quad, nothing happens on throttle

What else should I be doing?
Aug 13, 2013, 03:27 PM
Eye to the sky!
Did you push the throttle to full and back down to 0? That usually arms it on V2x2 birds.

Don't fly until you do the mods suggested in this forum!!! Could be your last flight for a while waiting on parts.

Edit: I see you did that...

Try plugging in the quad first. Wait 5 seconds, then turn on the Tx.

If that doesn't work disassemble it and carefully check all the wiring. Something could be shorted out. I highly suggest you read the last several pages of this thread to properly break in the motors and protect the wiring from shorts.

You can also try unplugging all the motor wires to see if you can get a solid red light. If you do, then systematically try them all until you find the bad one.
Aug 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207
Try plugging in the quad first. Wait 5 seconds, then turn on the Tx.
Yep, tried that. No joy. The little red led on the board just flashes...
Aug 13, 2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:

If that doesn't work disassemble it and carefully check all the wiring. Something could be shorted out. I highly suggest you read the last several pages of this thread to properly break in the motors and protect the wiring from shorts.
I've tried unplugging all the motors and LEDs and the red led still blinks. If I plug in each one individually, will that help?
Aug 13, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
You can also try unplugging all the motor wires to see if you can get a solid red light. If you do, then systematically try them all until you find the bad one.
I still get a flashing red led.
Aug 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJayCee
I've tried unplugging all the motors and LEDs and the red led still blinks. If I plug in each one individually, will that help?
Make a short video repeting binding procedures and wires close ups so we can fully understand whats going on... maybe someone will see something you are ignoring
Aug 13, 2013, 03:42 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhnTeePee
Mine did the same, i could switch lights on and off and start/stop the cam.
What cam ?
Aug 13, 2013, 03:50 PM
He might talking about the V222

And yes, a video could help identify the issue ... Both my V222 and V262 blinks slowly on two occasions : the the tx is not binded, and when the batt is dead.

With my devo10, It will also do a fast blinking during the first seconds after I turn It on, then it does the slow blinking, and then the light goes solid
Aug 13, 2013, 03:52 PM
Ok ill make a video and upload it now.
Aug 13, 2013, 04:17 PM
Here is the video I made:

V262 (0 min 38 sec)

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong!
Aug 13, 2013, 04:22 PM
I have never seen that LED sequence before on any WL Toys quad
Aug 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
I have never seen that LED sequence before on any WL Toys quad
Presumably I should be emailing BG Customer Services then?