Dec 22, 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleQuad

About lipo I recommend 2 o 3 that weights less than 60g each over one large 1000-2000 mah battery. Must be 7.4v and 15-20c at least.
Anybody have some ideas/brands in mind? I'm totally new to the R/C world and saw the post above with the ZOP Power batteries, so just trying to see what else is out there. I was gonna buy a v222 so I bought five of the Turnigy nanotechs (3.7v 600mah) but since I cancelled and got a v262 instead, not sure what I'm gonna do with these...

edit: I'm seeing some posts about: Turnigy 950mah 2S, BG eachine, & DH9053 Li-ion.

I also will be buying an Accucell 6 charger.
Last edited by nuron; Dec 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2013, 09:46 PM
Where to buy v262 ATM?
Month ago I bought one from BG for 85 USD but now BG increased the price to 98 USD!
v262 is good but at 100 USD I pass it and better go hobby grade.
Is it cheaper anywhere in china shops?
Dec 22, 2013, 09:54 PM
I bought mine from tmart. We'll see how long it takes.

Used the $9 off $30+ code from here:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/tmart.com
Dec 23, 2013, 12:13 AM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuron
Anybody have some ideas/brands in mind? I'm totally new to the R/C world and saw the post above with the ZOP Power batteries, so just trying to see what else is out there. I was gonna buy a v222 so I bought five of the Turnigy nanotechs (3.7v 600mah) but since I cancelled and got a v262 instead, not sure what I'm gonna do with these...

edit: I'm seeing some posts about: Turnigy 950mah 2S, BG eachine, & DH9053 Li-ion.

I also will be buying an Accucell 6 charger.
Welcome Nuron. Please check posts on page 178

Some months ago I recomended the li ions from DH9053 but those turns out to be too heavy. I still used them but only to hover while filming, almost just using throttle and rudder.

RQ
Last edited by RumbleQuad; Dec 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
Dec 23, 2013, 12:28 AM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Or if you plan soon to perform some FPV, you can add a small OSD to overlay batteries voltage on the screen. I took this one at BG :

http://www.banggood.com/Tarot-Dual-V...4-p-86783.html

It's a very simple one, very lite (3-4gr maxi) ... but you can't add a GPS addin with this model.

That is one cool accessorie. Very neat. But too late pal ... already bought this Buzzer
Only Hope is a loud one . I for sure will consider your recomendation in future projects. Thx.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003Y6...f=ya_aw_oh_pit
Dec 23, 2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Welcome Nuron. Please check posts on page 178

Some months ago I recomended the li ions from DH9053 but those turns out to be too heavy. I still used them but only to hover while filming, almost just using throttle and rudder.

RQ
Thanks for the welcome! I think I will order those batteries--I'm reading mixed reviews on the BG eachine.

If I was to buy the Accucell 6, do I need to buy any special leads to charge those batteries?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html
Dec 23, 2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVking
Where to buy v262 ATM?
Month ago I bought one from BG for 85 USD but now BG increased the price to 98 USD!
v262 is good but at 100 USD I pass it and better go hobby grade.
Is it cheaper anywhere in china shops?

Wait few days after Xmas .... and you will see major price-cut ...
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Dec 23, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
Dec 23, 2013, 01:53 AM
Quote:
That is one cool accessorie. Very neat. But too late pal ... already bought this Buzzer
Only Hope is a loud one . I for sure will consider your recomendation in future projects. Thx.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003Y6...f=ya_aw_oh_pit

Yes ... there are very loud compare to their size/surface
Dec 23, 2013, 08:27 AM
Trying to catch up on posts while I have a breather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman
I've been reading this post for several days but have some questions that I'm still not sure about.
1-the BG version says "camera" so does that mean that the board has slots to plug in camera, bubbler, etc... (The pics on massive rc show the pics of the board but I dont see where you can plug into the board.) The board on 959 version clearly shows the slots

The plugs are on the bottom of the board, all you see are the solder pins on the top

2-is there any video that I can clearly show how to change the bushings. I've read the instructions on page 148 and 149 but I still don't get it!!

Simply push them out with any shaft suck as a flathead screwdriver. You have to push them out from the opposite end of the mainshaft channel so the bottom bearing is pushed out from the top of the motor/gear housing and the top bearing is pushed out from the bottom of the motor/gear housing

3-you guys say you bought your copter four $86 but BG now shows it for $94 any ideas of where I can get it cheap like that for the same shipping price. I wonder why they jacked up the price on this?!!

I'm new to quads but I've been flying RC planes and hellis for a while now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE32
Today My 262 melted the wires to one of the motors and shorted out..looks like it fried the board
Is this a common problem? It wasn't crossed wires near the motor..this was near the board.
Edit..Ok more of the story is coming out(kids..walked away for maybe a 2 minutes but honestly I'm not sure they did anything I wouldn't have lol)
It got stuck in a tree and they tried to fly it out..apparently there is no safety feature to cut the power if a rotor is jammed? So it had a melt down..part of me says what do you expect for a $75 Chinese quad..but another part says it shouldn't be so easy to ruin. Thoughts/comments welcome
This is a common problem. Please check out the first two posts as well as see the product description on our website on how to route your motor wires:

(scroll down)

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...g-upgrade.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGFLY
Friend and I got our V262's yesterday from MassiveRC. Great service. Both went together fine. No problems. We both have Alias's and Nano QX's but wanted something with more lifting power. Worked up mine like the above for Mobius cam. Just a test but works good. Thanks craigiri ! Using a 1/4 latex foam for vibration isolation. Using the bearings and it looks like Massive had even balanced the props. Thanks again massiveoverdrive. Very pleased.

Stringfly <>+++++
Glad you all are happy Stringfly. Balancing the props on the V262 is really critical even if you don't do AP\FPV. The vibrations will wear out the ball bearings pretty quickly, which could be the reason why WL Toys initially went with brass bushings as they can handle the pressure better........so those of you upgrading ball bearings yourselves.........balance your props, otherwise you may be better off sticking with the stock brass bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
I don't see need to switch to bearing because when I remove motors I see that props rotate freely. friction in motors and in gear are incomparably greater then one in bushings. and bearings will get worse with dirt. oiling attracts dirt so I shouldn't use it on my v222. on this one it's just fine how it is
The reason why the motors are so hard to turn is because of the magnetic cogging effect, not because of the bushings in them. Go ahead and put ball bearings in and do your free spin test again and you'll have absolutely no doubt that there is a definite difference. These bearings have dust shields and I am confident they do a good job of keeping sand out, which is the biggest killer of bearings. The open race bearings of those found in the Alias and micro helis are the ones that will die an early death from dirt and debris. As mentioned above, unbalanced props\ no lubrication is going to kill your shielded ball bearings a lot quicker than dirt.

When we do our final motor break-in with the quad fully-assembled, the ones that didn't get ball bearing upgrades require significantly more throttle to spin up the props to minimum RPM. It's much harder to get the throttle at the sweet point to where the props barely spin vs the ones that received the ball bearing upgrade.

Quote:
On the dirt ... fully agree but I can guarantee you that it really makes a difference. At least 1 extra minute in the battery for sure !

I will buy an extra BNF V262 from MO and made a video on a brand new unit to probe it

( I want one modded to do some filming and another one modded to practice speed moves and agility)
I also like to have 2 quads......one for bashing around and another dedicated for FPV\AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
Look forward to see your video comparison RumbleQuad. 1 min? that's hard to believe. with such tight motors when I pulled them out the propellers were just as free as on bearings. gears have small teeth so they are not as much resistance as compared to minis. so the only real resistance there is motors. after breaking in they become much better though.
the foam houl seems not too heavy indores. probably the most load is when fighting the wind. that must be when those motors burn the most
A, did you actually install ball bearings and spin them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
Had my first motor burnout after about 100 flights,took it apart and there are no brush pads left,only the fingers.This was with no canopy,ball bearings,and 5 mintue flights.
Quote:
100 flights is just amazing .... you have the best score
Anyway, I can still contest .

My other question ... is more. How do you find time to have 100 flights
KG, I'm actually happy with your failure (not in the fact that it's caused you a crash\problems) but 100 flights is very impressive. You figure a lot of us only get to fly maybe 3-4 times a week with our V262s and that equates to half a year before having to swap out a motor, very acceptable in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
Do you guys replace all four motors after one wears out,or let them die one at a time?The motor that failed first always ran slightly hotter than the other 3 , so I might see how much longer the others will go.
I replaced one and the others are still going strong (knock on wood).

Quote:
MO,

You took some day off I guess ?
Completely slammed with the Christmas orders. We just received our HiSky shipment as well and it's going to take a lot of time to get all that inventory up on the website. I'm also getting married New Year's Eve so I'm having to contend with that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalint1
Check all your motor pinions make sure they are on nice and tight.Check the 2 metal tabs on motor housing to make sure they bent down pretty tight to hold rear of the motor on properly.Check all of your screws to make sure they are tight if you have to tighten them don't over do it.Something to keep in mind even though taking the plastic motor cover off keeps it a little cooler, leaving it on helps keep the motor back end in place if you do a hard landing. Considering balancing your props and using thread locker.
Good advice. A compromise between remove the motor covers and loosing the structural integrity they provide in a crash is cutting the motor covers right above the hold down screw. This way you can get more cooling and still retain the support they provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
MassiveOverkill, BINGO!!!

I checked the solder joints you show here on my first V626 quad receiver board, the one that wouldn't bind with any transmitter. They looked cold, though not quite as bad as what you show here. Touched up and reflowed them (I used to do milspec soldering long ago)....

...and now I've got THREE perfectly-operating V262s and transmitters!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Glad it worked for you. Craig, I know you were having problems as well. Were you able to check yours to see if this was the problem?
Dec 23, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill

Completely slammed with the Christmas orders. We just received our HiSky shipment as well and it's going to take a lot of time to get all that inventory up on the website. I'm also getting married New Year's Eve so I'm having to contend with that as well.

Congratulations and full of happyness for you
Dec 23, 2013, 09:17 AM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuron
Thanks for the welcome! I think I will order those batteries--I'm reading mixed reviews on the BG eachine.

If I was to buy the Accucell 6, do I need to buy any special leads to charge those batteries?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html
No need for special leads on that charger.
I recommend you to buy any of the following batteries

From Massive RC
(Best Costumer Service ever. Period. Massiveoverkill is the owner)

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...-for-v262.html

From Amazon (Receive two packs and I buy 2 extra ones as soon as finish the first charge - awesome value and performance on these)
Do not fit into battery tray but the easy fix is using Velcro, dual lock or a strap. I use dual lock.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by RumbleQuad; Dec 23, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
Dec 23, 2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Congratulations and full of happyness for you
Thanks SeBy.........oh and Happy Belated Birthday!
Dec 23, 2013, 09:20 AM
Fly First // Post Later
Congratulations on your wedding MO !!! Nice date to marry, easy to remember
Dec 23, 2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
A, did you actually install ball bearings and spin them up?
no sir. I felt them well on my countless v959/v222/v212/v929/w100s. so I don't think I need to bother with this one specificly. when those aircrafts were new they were fine but with time bearings become tighter. on v262 props spin fine to me, I'm not saying that there's no difference, but that difference is not sufficient to me.
we need some test data and I think this guy might do it: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2009496
And about difference b/n correct and reverse installed motors as we have only one motor for v262 we don't have statistical prove yet do we?
Last edited by asanovrus; Dec 23, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Dec 23, 2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Thanks SeBy.........oh and Happy Belated Birthday!
Out of topic: I order the TX5802 v1.3 at rangevideo. I don't know what's new in this new design

Quick Reply