Jul 17, 2013, 09:53 AM
Wowplanes.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
http://www.thecrashcast.com/

The Crashcast is a podcast hosted by Michael "Crash" Hancock out of Waco, Texas, recorded live each sunday night and available through itunes. They'd been doing a lot of stuff on quads lately, they've dubbed this season the Summer of Multirotors. They've had Paul on their show as a guest recently too.

The Crashcast is one of my favorite RC podcasts, alongside All Things That Fly and the RC Today show. When these podcasts mention or link you in their show notes (or have you on as a guest) you tend to see an increase in pageviews and orders.
Thanks great idea.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2013, 10:49 AM
Fly safe, fly often!

Here was the result from my similar quad - mine was flexing too much - even after adding a c/f spar, it was just too floppy. Yours should be fine. Best of luck with it.

Jul 17, 2013, 11:15 AM
Wowplanes.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man

Here was the result from my similar quad - mine was flexing too much - even after adding a c/f spar, it was just too floppy. Yours should be fine. Best of luck with it.
Very neat. Attaboy!! Kudos for sharing.!!
What make of controller were you using?
Why do you think it was unstable after lift off?
Maybe the gyro gains were set too high and they were over compensating?
Maybe the flat top surface was catching the prop wash and trying to push itself down while the motors were trying to lift? Having the motors inside ducts should help I think.
Maybe the flat surface provides too much resistance as it rises and de-stabilizes it? or if there was wind? A flat object will catch the wind easier. A dome shape will help.I think.
In the case of a round shaped object, wind in any direction, is a cross wind.
Fahim
Jul 17, 2013, 12:16 PM
Old RC Guy Having Fun!
Been watching this thread with interest. You inspired me to make a quick, just for fun Jetsons saucer to add to my little Syma X1 quad this morning. A sheet of dollar store foam, a few minutes using the wife's pizza pan for the template and voila, the Jetsons family is airborne Looking forward to your completed saucer and vids of it flying! Keep up the good work! Best, Aero

Jetsons1 (0 min 38 sec)
Jul 17, 2013, 12:58 PM
Wowplanes.com
Thread OP
That's was great!!

There is still hope for my UFO.

Fahim
Jul 17, 2013, 01:05 PM
Mike
Awesome! subbed.
Jul 17, 2013, 01:18 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Very cool project, subbed and will be checking in on your progress. I have built like 20 quads so if you have any questions let me know.
Jul 17, 2013, 03:38 PM
Wowplanes.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13
Very cool project, subbed and will be checking in on your progress. I have built like 20 quads so if you have any questions let me know.
Welcome.
I have built zero quads. I am going to need a whole lot of help when I get to the electronics and the maiden. Glad you are here.
Fahim
Jul 17, 2013, 03:47 PM
Closed Account
I can tell you now, that ufo design concept that you're using, didn't originate from within your own mind. That concept is of one that I came up with and gave the designs to a friend of mine , named Ron. Don't know why you'd say that you, came up with it yourself. If anyone would like to see proof, just check out RonRc, at youtube, or at hobbyking.com, where I'm given credit fo sending him the design plans. I hate when people steal others designs and pass them off as their own.
Jul 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
Fly safe, fly often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrightbrother
What make of controller were you using?

Fahim,

I've used several different flight controllers - when set up properly, they all worked great.

I'd highly recommend balancing your props, set up your flight controller properly and always remember Buzz_Man's #2 rule to successful multi-rotor take off: TAKE OFF QUICK - do not try to take off slowly!

Rule #3 --> always enjoy what you're doing.

Rule #1 is safety first, of course.
Jul 17, 2013, 04:05 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
I can tell you now, that ufo design concept that you're using, didn't originate from within your own mind. That concept is of one that I came up with and gave the designs to a friend of mine , named Ron. Don't know why you'd say that you, came up with it yourself. If anyone would like to see proof, just check out RonRc, at youtube, or at hobbyking.com, where I'm given credit fo sending him the design plans. I hate when people steal others designs and pass them off as their own.
You are just totally wrong in every way for posting that.
Jul 17, 2013, 04:07 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Hmm I'm sure he's the only person to ever consider building a UFO based on a quad copter.

(snipped because it was not courteous)
Last edited by BrownEyedFool; Jul 17, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Jul 17, 2013, 04:31 PM
Wowplanes.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bomb
You are just totally wrong in every way for posting that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Hmm I'm sure he's the only person to ever consider building a UFO based on a quad copter.

(snipped because it was not courteous)
Its OK guys, be gentle with him.

Actually I got the design from a female Extra Terrestial who had abducted me one night and made me do things that I cannot reveal here. To express her unending gratitude she gave me a 3 view drawing and released me back among the earthlings. You think I am joking? Naaah, I am dead serious.
Fahim
Jul 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
Closed Account
RC UFO Flying Saucer with Lights (4 min 52 sec)
Jul 17, 2013, 05:27 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
This next video was uploaded on Jan 25, 2010. PROOF that you weren't the first!

I mean come on Maximilionalpha you can't be serious.

Hobbyengine-RC UFO-3.avi (1 min 45 sec)

Here's another one from: May 5, 2011.

Quadcopter UFO Retract Testing (0 min 34 sec)

I guess you stole their idea.

Quick Reply