Nov 22, 2013, 12:29 PM
RC beginner
yes, as mentioned in post #69. im going to put up more details on my 2.4ghz version so we can see exactly whats involved.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2014, 09:56 PM
Did you ever get around to taking some photos of the 2.4ghz version? Looks like this could be good to get a bit more range out of the diyFlysky rx.
Apr 04, 2014, 08:47 AM
RC beginner
i will try to get some pics and more info on the 2.4ghz version but remember rx need LNA to increase range not power amp. preamp and antenna upgrade are not only more effective but cheaper and actually legal. ive made considerable progress in that area recently so really need to get a thread going for it. problem is my other project threads here just refuse to die off like they are supposed to. BAD project threads... no tv for you tonight!
Apr 04, 2014, 10:29 AM
Stuart
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
i will try to get some pics and more info on the 2.4ghz version but remember rx need LNA to increase range not power amp. preamp and antenna upgrade are not only more effective but cheaper and actually legal. ive made considerable progress in that area recently so really need to get a thread going for it. problem is my other project threads here just refuse to die off like they are supposed to. BAD project threads... no tv for you tonight!
A good LNA can make a big difference to reception of telemetry from RFM22B type transmitters.

Using a standard RFM22B as the receiver with an LNA and just an Omni directional antenna (QF Helix - minimal gain), I have been able to receive telemetry packets from $50SAT (100mW only TX) at between 600-900km, which ain't half bad.
Apr 04, 2014, 11:24 AM
Very cool. I understand that antennas and LNA's are a better route, but I just like building and playing with stuff. Not for anything serious.

Please do make another thread on those subjects and also post a bit of info here! It would be greatly appreciated!