Jul 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Looks sweet
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
Boost rules!
After watching that video, I will definitely be adding one of these to the hangar. BTW - I enjoy building balsa kits & ARFs, and I generally prefer them to BNF planes. I also enjoy setting up CP helis, FBL systems, and fixed-wing stab/aug systems. With quads, I'm much more interested in the flying part than the building part at this point. However, I regard tweaking the controller to be simply a part of the hobby - much like balancing props & rotor blades, checking the CG, or reprogramming a FBL unit after a servo upgrade.

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Jul 11, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
Jul 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
Critic at Large
Do they use all in-house technology for their flight controller and GPS - or do they used a modified open source or other similar stuff?
Jul 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Wait on its next generation.
This one seems a little rushed out.
Jul 11, 2013, 03:10 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjet
This one seems a little rushed out.
Based on what?
Jul 11, 2013, 07:00 PM
Can't get enough
This does acrobatics way better than the nqx no comparison. I was hoping for a smaller brushless though. I have the nqx and mqx, and prefer mqx for the tricks.

J
Jul 11, 2013, 08:57 PM
Can it fit most of the brushless gimbals in the market? it seems the landing gear not tall enough, any solution?
Jul 12, 2013, 03:31 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvboy
Can it fit most of the brushless gimbals in the market? it seems the landing gear not tall enough, any solution?
Doesn't look tall enough for a gimbal to me. On the up side, they did design it with a vibration isolated mount. Yeah...this is gunna hurt Phantom sales...
Jul 12, 2013, 07:57 PM
Seems great, but look at the parts prices. A new board is over $200. Initial cost is pricey but I can see it for the features, but I don't drive a Porsche for the same reason, even if I can afford a nice used one. Parts prices are scaring me off. Looks nice though, It has all the features I want ready to fly. I DO want one. But I always consider future cost. Most of my models don't have the potential to cause me financial despair if something crashes or breaks. The worst are my Blade products, however for the electronic boards, although I have not had to replace one yet. But there's always a first time.
Last edited by shahram72; Jul 12, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Jul 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
I will have them at really good pricing when they are released.
Jul 13, 2013, 09:18 PM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Seems great, but look at the parts prices. A new board is over $200. Initial cost is pricey but I can see it for the features, but I don't drive a Porsche for the same reason, even if I can afford a nice used one. Parts prices are scaring me off. Looks nice though, It has all the features I want ready to fly. I DO want one. But I always consider future cost. Most of my models don't have the potential to cause me financial despair if something crashes or breaks. The worst are my Blade products, however for the electronic boards, although I have not had to replace one yet. But there's always a first time.
I don't understand why you have a problem with the pricing, It's primary competition is the DJI Phantom, which costs almost $700 and you can't even get most of the parts.
Jul 13, 2013, 09:25 PM
Some things are just a little too rich for my blood I guess. Seems like a cool package, however.
Jul 13, 2013, 10:02 PM
semper mitis
Darn... just when I thought I was finished being an "early adopter".
Jul 13, 2013, 11:26 PM
Cranky old fart
Well, I already have a Phantom, but I'm definitely going to get one of these, after they have been out for awhile. It's a lot cheaper and has HH support and parts at the LHS. That makes it a whole lot less scary than breaking a Phantom.
Jul 14, 2013, 09:02 AM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben
Darn... just when I thought I was finished being an "early adopter".
LOL - I was thinking the same thing!

Joel

Quick Reply