Whippit... the fun fighting autogyros! - Page 4 - RC Groups
Feb 14, 2014, 01:17 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Good news,
Just had confirmation that the dimensions are within the limits of a freebie pull out plan for the magazine.........time to finish off writing I guess

Rich
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2014, 01:47 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Coolness!!!! Looking forward to it...

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Feb 14, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
Feb 14, 2014, 06:53 PM
Bro...Simitty...??
Feb 16, 2014, 11:28 AM
Old RC Guy Having Fun!
Really cool little gyro Only see 2 servos. Does it use rudder control also? Best, Aero
Feb 16, 2014, 11:59 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Aero,
Yes it has a rudder, the servo is mounted on the underside.

Maiden flight was made today and it flies great, it was also flown by Rich and Steve which allowed me to take some video and snaps.

Rich
Feb 16, 2014, 12:13 PM
Old RC Guy Having Fun!
Wow! Looks great! Looking forward to the vids Aero
Feb 16, 2014, 07:27 PM
I don't know bro. The pilot figure looks like a guy who's name would be Smitty or Smyth.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bill
Feb 17, 2014, 11:38 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Here is a video of it flying yesterday, the first half it is being flown by Steve, the second half by Rich E.

RC Autotogyro (3 min 28 sec)

Rich
Feb 17, 2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks for letting me have a fly with it....twas a great afternoon.
I shall definatly be getting the magazine and building one to fly indoors and out, its such great fun!!!

Cheers
Rich
Feb 18, 2014, 08:51 AM
Rich:
Your getting to be one of those well published authors. Can I get an autographed copy?
The earlier in your career the more valued they will be later in your twilight years.

Bill
Feb 23, 2014, 06:20 AM
It's all in the Blades!
OK,

I have been asked for my power set up and it is as follows:

Motor

http://www.overlander.co.uk/brushles...est-model.html

ESC

http://hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/sto...dProduct=36845

Lipo

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/...s-lipo-battery

Servos x 3

http://hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/sto...dProduct=29628

Prop is 11.5.5"

Hope this helps

Rich
Mar 09, 2014, 06:21 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Went out again this afternoon along with Steve, he had a good few flights with the Whippit enabling me to try and take more photos.
Without a doubt this is one of the smoothest models I have flown, I am sure Steve will agree with me on this too.
I am hoping to get this one in Model Flyer as a free pull out, is this mag available over seas?

A few pics.......

Rich
Mar 09, 2014, 10:32 PM
Rich
Yes... I have seen that mag in my part of the world.......model looks great...I would build one.
Chris...
Mar 10, 2014, 11:43 AM
Rich do you mean the R/C model airplane magazine, I subscribe to this comes from the UK and has a free pullout plan each month never seen one in the local stores here in California maybe Steve has seen it somewhere.
Kevin
Mar 10, 2014, 01:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
In the UK, there is RCM&E (Radio Control Models &Electronics), which is sold in the states by Barnes and Nobles (and many other places) under the name R/C Model Aeroplane if this is the magazine you are talking about. This is the same magazine that had the Panther write up in it. If not, then I don't know where you would get the magazine in the states. It would probably have to be ordered from the publisher, which if it is anything like RCM&E, doesn't take long to get it.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...