Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 09, 2013, 05:04 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Discussion

Whippit... the fun fighting autogyros!

GYRONUTS....PLEASE READ FIRST!

Please find attached the original Whippit sketches at 100%, remember they are only sketches and not completed drawings. If you build to these and follow the help and guidence from other Whippit builders you will have success.
My life is going to be, how shall I put this? a tad busy over the next few months so I will not be able to be on hand to help others as much as normal. But fear not I will be back to bug you all!!!

So here you go gents, have fun with the design as that is what it is all about and please post your efforts, it always helps potential 'nuts' have a crack at these fascinating flying machines!

Rich, Debs and the 'Bump'
Last edited by SafeLandings; Apr 04, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2013, 07:14 PM
Rich
That looks nice... with that fin and profile......almost a little like the Kay.............
Chris....
Jul 30, 2013, 05:03 PM
It's all in the Blades!
I had my models still in my car after the fly-in, it seemed a shame not to air them!

Caravan Flying (2 min 4 sec)

Rich
Jul 30, 2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think that I would be allowed to take any of my models on holliday................
Chris..
Aug 09, 2013, 10:11 PM
RC Group therapist

Well done

Hello Rich,

I was waiting for you to try a couple of spot landings on the trash bin. That looks like a great little performer for sure. I'm finally working and living in the States again, so I will be getting back in to the hobby. It's great to see you're still designing and flying.

Regards,
-Mike
Aug 09, 2013, 11:38 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Rich,

That's not fair! Leave some fun for us, will you? Superb!

Gary
Aug 10, 2013, 03:55 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Mike,
Nice to here you are back home, must have been real tough away from the family.
It is about time we saw that Pitcairn completed maybe?

Rich
Aug 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
Do not to-uch the trim!
Gee, that looks like it could give a Durafly a run for its money as a trainer. Or is that just piloting skills?

Any chance for some rough plans and a bill of materials?
Jan 25, 2014, 04:29 PM
It's all in the Blades!
No plans I'm afraid, but, I am going to submit this one to a magazine. MkII version is almost completed so I will see how she flies.
I have doubled up the EPP on the fuselage and it has added a bit more strength for very little weight penalty.

The only problem I have is a name for this one, I was going to call it Junior but I am really not sure whether it is fitting.

If anyone has a name reel them off!

Rich
Jan 25, 2014, 04:37 PM
I say call it "Yo-Yo" .........it looks like it's on a string as it hovers about !!! Charlie
Jan 25, 2014, 04:39 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Most certainly better than Junior, thanks Charlie.....any more?
Jan 25, 2014, 04:57 PM
...well, not meaning to hog the thread...... BUT ......taken from your video graphics, we have "LAZY !!!" or how about "Pudgy"...... OK, OK, 'nuff said !!! Charlie
Jan 25, 2014, 07:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
From the side, kind of looks a little like a fish, but there is already a slope soaring sailplane called "Le Fish".... (and I mean no insult to what appears to be a very nice flying AG....)

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jan 25, 2014, 08:48 PM
Rich

Im at work, and this wifi is so slow that all vids have been blocked so I cant see the model, can you post a piccy please.

Cali
Jan 26, 2014, 05:27 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Fish....doesn't quite have a ring to it....what about Scrappy?

Cali,
I will try and get some photos later on mate.

Rich