West Michigan Park Flyers Tuff Cub - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jan 31, 2014, 07:21 PM

Wmparkflyers.com is having a Ground Hog Day Sale ! Buy any epp kit ang get a foam parts kit of the same airframe * FREE!

* Note: Purchase of an Acro Magnum or Magnum Reloaded in the above sale will include a Yak55 for the free foam parts.

Your Free Foam Parts plane will not show up on the order but will be in your shipment.

No special codes to enter or hoops to jump through. Just plane and simple. Every order received on Sunday gets a free foam parts plane in the box for FREE !

Happy Ground Hog Day and lets hope for an early spring !
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol
A detailed PDF construction guide is now at the bottom of post #2. If you have any questions, please ask.

John.
A few more flights with the Tuff Cub. I think Ailerons would help battle the gusts. So what are the dimensions and where on the wing should they be placed?

Thanks much.
May 31, 2014, 08:09 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
A few more flights with the Tuff Cub. I think Ailerons would help battle the gusts. So what are the dimensions and where on the wing should they be placed?

Thanks much.
Here are the dimensions I used.
ailerons - 8" x 1.750" spaced about an inch from the center of the wing.

Jun 01, 2014, 11:46 AM
Thanks, I'll let you know how they work out. Sorry but I do not have a video camera to document it.
Jun 05, 2014, 04:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are you using for a hinge in the image?

Thanks
Jun 05, 2014, 05:17 PM
Quote:

Thanks
That would be a foam tac glue hinge.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2140906

Faom Tac Adhesive (4 min 22 sec)
Jun 05, 2014, 05:18 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
Quote:

Thanks
Its a Foam-tac glue hinge.
Jun 12, 2014, 09:48 AM
Heading for Muncie ! Stop in and see us

Dec 22, 2014, 08:44 AM
WMPF is having a New Years Day 15% off sale. See website or page one of the WMPF owners thread for details.

WMParkflyers.com

Also the Holiday Hunt is on. There is a free airframe hidden in the site! Happy Hunting.
Feb 05, 2017, 09:30 PM
I picked up a Tuff Cub at the NNIF event in Des Moines. I've been building and flying 180 and 480 sized quad copters but this is my first fixed wing. I have a HobbyZone Champ that I've been learning to fly but in Iowa winds I'm hoping that the Tuff Cub will have me in the air a little more often.

I used the .pdf instructions and videos in this thread with success. The only thing I'll note that was missing was mention of gluing a CF rod into the horizontal stabilizer.

I believe I've gotten the CG correct. Hopefully there will be a warm enough day this week to try a maiden flight.

Being my first fixed wing / non flight cotroller craft bound to my Taranis I thought it would be wise to duplicate my normal arm/disarm switch with a throttle override function.

Override throttle=0 was not the correct choice. Buzzed right off the table into my arms. A couple of band-aids later a setting of Override thorttle=-100 worked MUCH better.

-Andrew
May 26, 2017, 05:27 PM
352nd FG Association

Painting

What's the best way to paint EPP foam? Spray? Acrylic brush paint? Sharpie marker? Other?
May 26, 2017, 05:54 PM
352nd FG Association

Nevermind!!!

I just called WMPF and got the direct answer.
May 29, 2017, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
I just called WMPF and got the direct answer.

Never hesitate to call with any questions - That is why we are here
It was great talking to you
May 29, 2017, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalbinger
I picked up a Tuff Cub at the NNIF event in Des Moines. I've been building and flying 180 and 480 sized quad copters but this is my first fixed wing. I have a HobbyZone Champ that I've been learning to fly but in Iowa winds I'm hoping that the Tuff Cub will have me in the air a little more often.

I used the .pdf instructions and videos in this thread with success. The only thing I'll note that was missing was mention of gluing a CF rod into the horizontal stabilizer.

I believe I've gotten the CG correct. Hopefully there will be a warm enough day this week to try a maiden flight.

Being my first fixed wing / non flight cotroller craft bound to my Taranis I thought it would be wise to duplicate my normal arm/disarm switch with a throttle override function.

Override throttle=0 was not the correct choice. Buzzed right off the table into my arms. A couple of band-aids later a setting of Override thorttle=-100 worked MUCH better.

-Andrew

Ouch --- Be-careful
Paint looks good
Hope you have having fun now.
Barb
Aug 11, 2017, 12:09 AM
352nd FG Association
My kids drew up their own paint schemes for their Tuff Cub. My 4 year old son did one that looked like "rainbow scribbles", and my 8 year old daughter did a "Heart Emoji" scheme. So we combined them with a more refined "rainbow" mix. It flies very well, although I need to redo the rudder hinge. The aft fuse flexes a good bit, but the plane is still very controllable and my daughter has flown it twice with no problems. THANKS for an awesome design to get my kids started in the hobby!!!

These are older pics. Since these, the nose blocks have been painted to match the fuse, and hearts are on the wings like national insignias would be.