West Michigan Park Flyers Tuff Cub - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 29, 2013, 07:40 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Nikolei Zinsli's Avatar
Note: It will appear (not necessarily pop-up) at a random time on oct 31st, on a random page in the WMPF website) Make sure you dig through all the content!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2013, 07:21 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Nikolei Zinsli's Avatar
The Great Pumpkin was found at 3:18pm by someone in Ohio. It was hiding on the Specs tab of the Foam-Tac product page. Thanks for playing all!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Nov 06, 2013, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Name: IMG_0307.jpg
Views: 58
Size: 237.0 KB
Description: WMParkFlyer Tuff Cub
Just finished my WM Park Flyer Tuff Cub and am waiting on decent weather to get it in the air.
Nov 06, 2013, 04:14 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
aircontrol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
Attachment 6238917
Just finished my WM Park Flyer Tuff Cub and am waiting on decent weather to get it in the air.
Nice looking plane Lostcity. Your battery looks a little far back for the 2-1/2" cg location. If your plane climbs or seems pitchy, move the battery forward a inch.
good luck on your maiden flight!
Nov 07, 2013, 09:47 AM
Registered User
I did a glide test this morning and moved the battery forward per your suggestion. Adding a touch of power, I found this is a pretty fast bird. Looking forward to real air time with it.
Thanks
Nov 07, 2013, 11:56 AM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
Attachment 6238917
Just finished my WM Park Flyer Tuff Cub and am waiting on decent weather to get it in the air.

Looks good! enjoy!
Nov 08, 2013, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Well weather here in SW Michigan was sunny this afternoon with the winds at about 8mph. Took the TC out for spin.
Looks like we will be spending some quality time this weekend with the Foam Tac. Bowling is beginning to look like a viable hobby.
Nov 08, 2013, 06:20 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
aircontrol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
Well weather here in SW Michigan was sunny this afternoon with the winds at about 8mph. Took the TC out for spin.
Looks like we will be spending some quality time this weekend with the Foam Tac. Bowling is beginning to look like a viable hobby.
Ouch! What happened? Is this your first rc plane?
Nov 08, 2013, 09:51 PM
Registered User
No actually, this is the fourth. While turning down wind, a gust got under the outboard wing and flip it over and it took a header into the ground. Ripped the motor off, and tore the fuselage. Some foam tac should make all good though.
Last edited by Lostcity; Nov 21, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Nov 09, 2013, 10:14 PM
Registered User
Took the TC to the local indoor flying event. While it was a bit big for the venue (pretty small gym) all went well. The plane flew well and came home in one piece which is a good day of flying. Some of the local pilots provided substantial assistance.
Nov 11, 2013, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
Took the TC to the local indoor flying event. While it was a bit big for the venue (pretty small gym) all went well. The plane flew well and came home in one piece which is a good day of flying. Some of the local pilots provided substantial assistance.

Glad that flight went better for you
Barb
Nov 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
Registered User
I noticed while building that some of the Tuff Cubs use ailerons. Could these be installed at some later point or would I need a whole new airframe. Thanks
Nov 23, 2013, 04:31 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
aircontrol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
I noticed while building that some of the Tuff Cubs use ailerons. Could these be installed at some later point or would I need a whole new airframe. Thanks
Add ailerons any time you want, its easy.
Nov 28, 2013, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Don't forget about the Great Turkey Hunt.

The word on the street is that a Great Turkey Is going to appear on www.wmparkflyers.com today. Click on it to win a free airframe for 1 cent plus 7.00 shipping. This will include the new Highlander serial #1 the first one off the line !


Happy Thanksgiving!

[/SIZE]
Dec 18, 2013, 04:36 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
aircontrol's Avatar
A detailed PDF construction guide is now at the bottom of post #2. If you have any questions, please ask.

John.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product West Michigan Park Flyers MX2 XL WMParkFlyer 3D Foamies 11 Jan 15, 2016 04:47 PM
New Product West Michigan Park Flyers Mcfoamy XL WMParkFlyer 3D Foamies 9 Nov 28, 2013 10:09 AM
For Sale West Michigan Park Flyers Mako BNF TMAC4123 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 28, 2013 11:48 PM
Sold LPU - NEW West Michigan Park Flyers McFoamy w/ motor and batts mt_100 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jun 15, 2013 09:26 PM