West Michigan Park Flyers Tuff Cub - Page 4 - RC Groups
Oct 29, 2013, 07:40 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Note: It will appear (not necessarily pop-up) at a random time on oct 31st, on a random page in the WMPF website) Make sure you dig through all the content!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2013, 07:21 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
The Great Pumpkin was found at 3:18pm by someone in Ohio. It was hiding on the Specs tab of the Foam-Tac product page. Thanks for playing all!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Nov 06, 2013, 02:31 PM
Name: IMG_0307.jpg
Views: 58
Size: 237.0 KB
Description: WMParkFlyer Tuff Cub
Just finished my WM Park Flyer Tuff Cub and am waiting on decent weather to get it in the air.
Nov 06, 2013, 04:14 PM
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcity
Attachment 6238917
Just finished my WM Park Flyer Tuff Cub and am waiting on decent weather to get it in the air.
Nice looking plane Lostcity. Your battery looks a little far back for the 2-1/2" cg location. If your plane climbs or seems pitchy, move the battery forward a inch.
good luck on your maiden flight!
Nov 07, 2013, 09:47 AM
I did a glide test this morning and moved the battery forward per your suggestion. Adding a touch of power, I found this is a pretty fast bird. Looking forward to real air time with it.
Thanks
Nov 07, 2013, 11:56 AM
God is Good
Quote:
Attachment 6238917

Looks good! enjoy!
Nov 08, 2013, 04:15 PM
Well weather here in SW Michigan was sunny this afternoon with the winds at about 8mph. Took the TC out for spin.
Looks like we will be spending some quality time this weekend with the Foam Tac. Bowling is beginning to look like a viable hobby.
Nov 08, 2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Well weather here in SW Michigan was sunny this afternoon with the winds at about 8mph. Took the TC out for spin.
Looks like we will be spending some quality time this weekend with the Foam Tac. Bowling is beginning to look like a viable hobby.
Ouch! What happened? Is this your first rc plane?
Nov 08, 2013, 09:51 PM
No actually, this is the fourth. While turning down wind, a gust got under the outboard wing and flip it over and it took a header into the ground. Ripped the motor off, and tore the fuselage. Some foam tac should make all good though.
Last edited by Lostcity; Nov 21, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Nov 09, 2013, 10:14 PM
Took the TC to the local indoor flying event. While it was a bit big for the venue (pretty small gym) all went well. The plane flew well and came home in one piece which is a good day of flying. Some of the local pilots provided substantial assistance.
Nov 11, 2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Took the TC to the local indoor flying event. While it was a bit big for the venue (pretty small gym) all went well. The plane flew well and came home in one piece which is a good day of flying. Some of the local pilots provided substantial assistance.

Glad that flight went better for you
Barb
Nov 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
I noticed while building that some of the Tuff Cubs use ailerons. Could these be installed at some later point or would I need a whole new airframe. Thanks
Nov 23, 2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
I noticed while building that some of the Tuff Cubs use ailerons. Could these be installed at some later point or would I need a whole new airframe. Thanks
Add ailerons any time you want, its easy.
Nov 28, 2013, 10:07 AM
Don't forget about the Great Turkey Hunt.

The word on the street is that a Great Turkey Is going to appear on www.wmparkflyers.com today. Click on it to win a free airframe for 1 cent plus 7.00 shipping. This will include the new Highlander serial #1 the first one off the line !

Happy Thanksgiving!

[/SIZE]
Dec 18, 2013, 04:36 PM
A detailed PDF construction guide is now at the bottom of post #2. If you have any questions, please ask.

John.