This thread is privately moderated by grmis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 08, 2013, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV duo: Dynam Hawk Sky (with ArduplaneNG) following a Swift wing

Hi,
Here is a video of my first attempt to fly with someone else doing FPV :
FPV duo: Dynam Hawk Sky following a Swift wing (3 min 0 sec)

Detailed setup. There are a few new things (highlighted in red) compared to my previous video:

- Plane: Dynam Hawk Sky / 2400kv motor [Hoffmann magnetics] & 6x3 prop / Turnigy Plush 40A ESC / 2200mAh 3S turnigy nano-tech.
- Flight controller: CRIUS AIOP v1 (HK clone in fact) + ArduplaneNG r303 + minimOSD (extra 2.2)+ uBlox Neo6 + Airpseed sensor (used for autonomous nav. modes, such as loiter or RTH).
- Video TX : 900MHz / 200mW. Antennas: DIY inverted-V & ground-plane (video link is ok up to ~1 km at least)
- Camera: Sony 600TVL CMQ1993X (from sc2000, with IR filter), 2.5mm lens.
- RC RX: 2.4Ghz FrSky D4R-II in PPM mode, PWM RSSI connected to the CRIUS board through LC filter (& displayed in the OSD). Although I think I have calibrated it correctly, you can see that the RSSI indication sometimes still shows " 99% " at a few hundred meters
- Recording (on ground): SD DVR from Hobbyking. Initially I was very disappointed by the video quality of this DVR, due to huge & numerous artifacts. Then I realized that it was a codec/viewer problem: I switched from VLC under linux to media play under windows, and now the quality is much better
- Remark: During this flight I learned that in FBW-B mode with ArduplaneNG, the elevator is inverted (thanks mkuvy).

Same flight seen from the other plane (Swift wing) :
Premier DUO FPV (2 min 9 sec)
Last edited by grmis; Jul 08, 2013 at 05:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply