This thread is privately moderated by OutcastZeroOne, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 08, 2013, 12:24 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Thread OP
Discussion

new design

Been working on my new F-243 Hunter. this should be an interesting one. Not a true forward swept wing, only about half is forward, more like a "V" wing. Got the idea from the VF-19F, yes, Im going back to my Macross fanboi roots again. My only concern is if I can get the CG where it really needs to be. Given how tight things are in the fuslage of my other F/A-241 and F-242, I dont have a lot of wiggle room for moving things around. Glue is drying on the fuslage and with luck I can start glide test of it soon. That will atleast give me a good idea of what I need to do.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2013, 02:09 AM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a law out there somewhere that requires pics to be posted I have a cheap knockoff VF-19 sitting on my TV in Gerwalk mode and the attached is on the mantle, and isn't a cheap knockoff (1/72nd Hasegawa). One of these days I'll run across some plans for a Macross-ish foamy and give it a shot.
Jul 08, 2013, 02:43 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Thread OP
there have been a few on the forum. I know I plan to one day make a good VF-4. I know there was a SV-51 from Macross zero on here a while back too.
Jul 08, 2013, 01:06 PM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
I forgot the pic. Oops. I blame it on exhaustion.

I remember a few from years ago (7+ years... wow, I've been here forever), but there were too many incomplete threads. I'm wondering if a VF-1 could be done with EDFs in the legs and vectored thrust for pitch control. It could be set up with elevons on the wings, but it would be insanely pitchy and very likely tip stall if you look at it funny.
Jul 12, 2013, 01:01 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Thread OP
tease

Quick Reply