Feb 01, 2004, 04:34 PM
My hobby is why Im broke

darth's dauphin painted

The fuselages are now production ready. Here is a couple I just painted The yellow Dauphin shows cut out for rotor head assembly. Are these cool or what. I even patted myself on the back.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2004, 04:36 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
heres another pic
Feb 01, 2004, 04:38 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
another pic
Feb 01, 2004, 04:41 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
last pic.
Sorry about not having any coast gaurd orange on hand.
Feb 01, 2004, 08:29 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
This body does take the EDF 40 tail unit. You will loose the stock tailboom. These are made out of High impact polystyrene.
Feb 01, 2004, 11:12 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by darthdrk
last pic.
Sorry about not having any coast gaurd orange on hand.
Looking good darthdrk !! Hope the mailman shows up tomorrow with the Beta Dauphin. Got the shipment from Squadron Saturday with the 1:48 plastic HH-65A reference model I'm going to use for getting the details right.

Cheers - Boyd
Last edited by Hoverup; Feb 02, 2004 at 12:28 AM.
Feb 01, 2004, 11:32 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Im personally really proud of this one Boyd. I scaled this one up from an actual side view photo. i like the lines on this one. In youre beta kit I didnt include the balsa horizontal stab but the plastic side fins are included. The Horizontal Stab is 1/8 stock X 5 3/4 long and 7/8 in wide. Im accumulating quite a few painted bodies that I use for photo ops and promo. Im thinking of having a yard sale. between The LMH and the Micro heli bodies I have about 16 different bodies laying around not including stock. When I get the chance Ill probably post them on my website and it will be first come first served.
Feb 02, 2004, 12:14 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
That body rocks dude!
Feb 02, 2004, 06:00 AM
That is a beauty Darthdrk/// Another one that needs retracts ------no,no ..... YES <YES>YES>>>>> JMD's 222 ought to work on this one though.

I just about got the bugs out of the comache retracts. Hope to post pix tonight of the front set ,, haven't started on the tail part
Larry
Feb 02, 2004, 06:07 AM
Good show Larry!! Bring the retracts on
Feb 02, 2004, 06:59 AM

Hughes 500E

Darth..

When ol' great one will you have the 500E ready to showcase. If only you had the Daulphin for the Corona. I'd walk to TN carrying my Corona on my back to get one. In the mean time I'll settle for the 500E. Waiting patiently for photos....

Brian
Feb 02, 2004, 10:31 AM
Darth - Do you have any bodies that will fit the MS hornet 2? Now thats a heli that is crying for your bodies. It can handle extra weight no problem and with its symetrical scale like blades and tail rotors scale heli's would be a breeze. There are a lot of Hornet 2's out there with only more to come as they fly so incredibly well.

Brendin
Feb 02, 2004, 10:35 AM
They look superb!! And I want one....

When will they be ready? And will you ship to the UK?
Feb 02, 2004, 02:14 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Bodys are now ready and i do ship world wide.
Hornet II bodies: I do believe that the hornet II has a shaft driven tail rotor . I could do bodies for the Hornet but I would need a mock up of the Hornet II so i could get the placement of the main rotor and tail rotor correct. Without the mock up I wont do bodies for the Hornet. Dont want to chance things being out of place. With the other micros with seperate tail drive motor, I could just about make any body for them. So, If youre willing or someone else is willing to send me a mock up or a heli to use, it wouldnt be a problem to produce a body for them. There are so many different bodies im getting requests for there is no way I could possibly afford to by specific helis to do bodies for them all. i just recieved a mock up of an Eco 8, Its actually a frame and tailboom, gearbox, maingear, rotorhead mainshaft, all put together oh yes and landing gear. Something like this, I can work with. So if your specific heli community come together on getting me a mock up, bodies are no problem.
Feb 02, 2004, 04:35 PM
Well I'm lucky enough to live within 45 minutes driving time of the USCG Air Training center in Mobile AL. Plenty of HH-65 Dolphins to drool over. Thanks to the skipper of the HH-65 division we now have an affordable alternative for the paint job on darthdrk's latest Micro creation. All the HH-65's have gone to a full International Orange paint scheme with the white USCG band-aid/racing stripe. The earlier artic scheme that had a lot of white proved too difficult to keep clean with jet exhaust washing over it during hover ops. The cost saver paint is available from WalSmart and most any parts store that carry Chevrolet Orange Engine enamel. $3-4/spray can with enough to do several fuselages.

Cheers - Boyd