Unable to get Naza V2 LED to work with V1 hardware - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 03, 2013, 05:27 PM
Discussion

Unable to get Naza V2 LED to work with V1 hardware

I have a V1 that has been upgraded to V2. Latest firmware is updated PMU works fine, GPS works fine, Unable to get he V2 LED to work.
Connectivity via USB lights up the V2 LED and communicates fine with PC.
Problem is regular operations with V2 LED does not illuminate, seems not to have any power going to it when disconnected from USB.
NOTE: V1 LED works fine with V2 PMU and GPS.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2013, 07:09 PM
Did you solve this problem?
I'm expiriencing the same

Igor
Jul 15, 2013, 11:13 PM
it can be done

What you will need to do is take your new led and strip back the sheath at the connector end to expose the 4 wires. the red wire is power to the led, same as the old led/vu. naza v1 does not put out power on the pin. So take that wire and crimp on a servo pin and put it in a servo connector and put 5 volts on it, the led side. use the input side of naza if you have an open port or output side if your esc put power to that strip.

now it works. wrap up the led cable so it looks nice and fly safe
Jul 20, 2013, 07:45 PM
SirEdward
yep bmwtech is correct. in my case i open up the naza and solder 330 ohms resistor to pin 1 of the led port to pin 1 of the gps port like the pic below.

the newer nazas has this resistor present.

Jul 25, 2013, 02:35 AM
Did I get this right:

In newer Naza v.1 versions the resistor for the v.2 LED is already built it. But in older versions it is not?

Or just in Naza v.2 the resistor is built in?

So is Naza v1. - v.2 upgrade hardware wise plug&play in case there is already the resistor present? So I just need to purchase the v.2 LED and PMU?

If this is so, is there a way of finding out wether my Naza v.1 has the resistor or not other than buying the v.2 LED?
Jul 25, 2013, 02:48 AM
SirEdward
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupelo
Did I get this right:

In newer Naza v.1 versions the resistor for the v.2 LED is already built it. But in older versions it is not?

Or just in Naza v.2 the resistor is built in?

So is Naza v1. - v.2 upgrade hardware wise plug&play in case there is already the resistor present? So I just need to purchase the v.2 LED and PMU?

If this is so, is there a way of finding out wether my Naza v.1 has the resistor or not other than buying the v.2 LED?
the only thing to find out if the v2 led will work with your v1 naza is to actually use your multimeter, set it to measure resistance. if the reading between pin of the led port and pin 1 of the gps port reads around 330 ohms then your'e good to go.

if not then you have to do the mod i posted above.
Jul 25, 2013, 03:35 AM
Thanks blimppilot

My Naza v.1 is pretty new so I hope it has the resistor built in.
Jul 25, 2013, 09:35 AM
Do you have beter pictures, i can't so where the 330Ohm resistor is placed ?

When i open the NAZA there are 2 unused pad on the PCB with the headers is this the place to put the 330ohm resistor ?
Aug 03, 2013, 04:55 PM
SirEdward
this is the before and after pics of this mod, i have to do it using standard 1/4watt resistor and 220ohms as it is what i have available. the two encircled pads is where you need the leads to be soldered.
Aug 04, 2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks !!

I did this mod and it worked perfect.
I use a 330 ohm SMD resistor.

Aug 04, 2013, 06:58 PM
TsB
TsB
I've been searching a lot of the forum's for a solution to this problem...Just finished soldering a 330 Ohm resistor and the led works perfectly...Thanks
Aug 16, 2013, 01:51 PM
Thank you so much for all the help in this thread! I bought the upgrade with the new PMU and the new LED, only to find that the LED did not light up.

Thank's to this thread, I got a understanding of this "problem" and was able to solder a resistor and get it to work. (Thought my hands always are a bit shaky, especially during soldering, and I was nervous to destroy the unit, I got it done!)

Thank you!
Sep 01, 2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimppilot@ph
this is the before and after pics of this mod, i have to do it using standard 1/4watt resistor and 220ohms as it is what i have available. the two encircled pads is where you need the leads to be soldered.
Very smart, very nice mod you figured out there. I wish I had known about it prior to selling my V1.
Sep 01, 2013, 03:38 PM
SirEdward
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
Very smart, very nice mod you figured out there. I wish I had known about it prior to selling my V1.
Thanks Zac, the mod is partly due to me having all versions of the naza, from the earliest V1's up to the latest V2's
Sep 01, 2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimppilot@ph
Thanks Zac, the mod is partly due to me having all versions of the naza, from the earliest V1's up to the latest V2's
Plus you have electronic knowledge that many in here, including myself, lack. I'm currently just dipping into FPV and the math and theory behind anttennas and their frequencies surrounding this hobby makes my head hurt. I was reading an article on how engineers build antennas for different frequencies and manufacture the filters that go into various products and it was another language all together.
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Sep 02, 2013 at 12:43 AM.