Custom Carbon Fiber Turnigy HAL Frame
HK MultiwiiPro 2.0
MegaPirates 2.7 R4
Turnigy 9x Transmitter MODDED: Frsky DHT Trans/Reciever, OpenTx software
Turnigy ESC
Turnigy Aerodrive 920kv motors
3D printed Gimbal

Video of Problem:

OpenTx. HK MWC Pro 2.0. Frsky, Mission Planner, MOTORS ACTING ERRATIC (2 min 48 sec)

So, recently I switched my transmitter from the stock turnigy 9x transmitter to a DIY Frsky DHT transmitter/ D6FR telemetry receiver combo.

I also removed the stock firmware and installed OpenTx (formerly Open 9x).

My AIL switch is stuck on the 1 position (thats not the issue, but it's a note).

I re calibrated the esc's, then I tried to fly the hexacopter with MegaPirateNG_2.7_R4 and Mission Planner 1.2.27.

No dice, when I raise the throttle, the motors respond sluggishly, and if i move the sticks left or right 3 motors go off sequentially.

I updated mission planner, no dice, so I downgraded back to v1.2.27.

I then reflashed the firmware on the hk mwc pro 2.0 board, reset the paramaters, still no dice.

I then tried to re recalibrate the esc's, still no dice, I'm getting the same response.

What is really weird is that I KNOW it is not the esc or the motors, because when I plug in each motor directly to the throttle input the motor works fine.

In mission planner, the throttle shows up as responding fine, when I move the throttle up, the bar on the screen increases.

I'm guessing it must be some setting on the OpenTx, maybe some weird ppm crap or something else. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that my AIL switch is stuck (I doubt it).

On second thought, how could it be the transmitter if the signal is sent fine? then it must be the software...

PLEASE HELP!!!! thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2013, 04:14 AM
Your switch issue is because I'm guessing you used the FrSky option when downloading OpenTX but that only applies when you have done the FrSky Mod for telemetry, which you haven't done (or your switch would work)

Start there, flash with a non frsky firmware on your TX

After that it looks like you have calibrated all your ESC's with their minimum VERY high. Likely not the case, but that's what it looks like. How exactly did you calibrate the ESC's?

Also, why are you arming and disarming with both sticks? While I can't see anything in MPNG's docs that would indicate that is a problem it certainly would be with MultiWii.

Also, given you don't really have control of this craft at the moment, do yourself a favor and remove the props until your stick inputs are accurately represented by the motors.
Jul 04, 2013, 04:35 AM
Did you calibrated ESC's? What about calibrate Tx with mission planner?
Jul 04, 2013, 03:24 PM
The other thing that just occured to me is that your limits will be way higher now (OpenTX does that by default) and some of your channels may be falling into the failsafe areas (throttle specifically). Try cutting your limits down to + and - 80 or 85 and recalibrate with mission planner
Jul 05, 2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ
The other thing that just occured to me is that your limits will be way higher now (OpenTX does that by default) and some of your channels may be falling into the failsafe areas (throttle specifically). Try cutting your limits down to + and - 80 or 85 and recalibrate with mission planner
You don't need to push limits down to 80-85..just to 95-97.