New rctimer nex series camera gimbal - Page 40 - RC Groups
Nov 30, 2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by remvideo
Is this an alexmos board or martinez?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2013, 11:30 PM
I gave the asp gimbal, I have it up and running, do you happen to know how to use the gyro calibration , I find it not horizontal after startup, I see the setting in the software but don't know what position to put it in when calibrating on the Martinez board?
Thanks,
Jason
Dec 01, 2013, 04:15 AM
Tarot FY680 - Nikon 1 J1 - TEST 4 (No Post Stab) (6 min 42 sec)

I'm happy for now.. I think i just need to replace my flexing prop to CF ones then I'm pretty much good.

I'm using Martinez board.
Dec 01, 2013, 12:05 PM
DYORD- That looks really good, smooth, and balanced. I noticed that when you point the camera down it doesn't get quite to pointing straight down. Is that as far down as it will go?
Dec 02, 2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makepeace
DYORD- That looks really good, smooth, and balanced. I noticed that when you point the camera down it doesn't get quite to pointing straight down. Is that as far down as it will go?
It can actually go more than 90 pointing down. Probably i wasnt able to push it all the way during the test.
Dec 02, 2013, 03:37 PM
I'm using the 3 axis Rctimer ASP gimbal with a nex5n w/16mm lens, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting vibration-free video out of it.

I'm running an alexmos board with 3rd axis addon, and using the stock motors that come with the gimbal. All 3 axes are well balanced. I'm sure it's just down to the gimbal PIDs not being right, but no matter what I try, as soon as I make any sort of real movements, I'll get shakes in the video.

I was previously powering the alexmos board from the 4s flight battery (and was having similar problems), but am now running it through a 12v regulator.

Is anyone else running this same setup with good results? If so, can you please share your PIDs

I've attached screenshots of my PIDs and realtime graphs of roll & pitch.
Dec 02, 2013, 04:59 PM
Wreck_nz,

Remvideo has been successful in setting up the 3axis alexmos asp gimbal, he's posted videos of his progress earlier in the thread.

I'm sure if we asked nicely, he might upload his setup as a reference point for you (me too!)

Are you about Mark?

We could do with bit of assistance please
Dec 03, 2013, 05:04 AM
your gains are very high,
set your roll to P 9......I 0.07.....D10
set your pitch to P 8......I 0.07....D10
set your yaw to P10......I 0.10.......D 12
you want to keep your gains low, you I gain is the speed... D gain will smooth it out
also I find using a 3s 1000 mah works the best. also you sensor wire can pick up emi so make sure its well away from you motors!!!!
Dec 03, 2013, 09:41 AM
bacon and eggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom
Wreck_nz,

Remvideo has been successful in setting up the 3axis alexmos asp gimbal, he's posted videos of his progress earlier in the thread.

I'm sure if we asked nicely, he might upload his setup as a reference point for you (me too!)

Are you about Mark?

We could do with bit of assistance please
Not a problem !
these are for the 16mm lens.
Also consider ferrite rings on IMU cable, third axis extenstion board cable, and motors cables (coming soon for me)
Dec 03, 2013, 09:50 AM
bacon and eggs
and follow setting
Dec 03, 2013, 11:48 AM
Mr Remvideo, did you say you where getting a 20mm pan for your nex...??
Dec 03, 2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woobirdy
your gains are very high,
set your roll to P 9......I 0.07.....D10
set your pitch to P 8......I 0.07....D10
set your yaw to P10......I 0.10.......D 12
you want to keep your gains low, you I gain is the speed... D gain will smooth it out
also I find using a 3s 1000 mah works the best. also you sensor wire can pick up emi so make sure its well away from you motors!!!!
Thanks for that, I've changed my PIDs to these, but have increased the I term to around 0.2. Once this rain stops I'll see how it handles, but it looks smooth so far.
Dec 03, 2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the settings guys, its a good heads up.

I'm just putting my 3axis rig together with some 16mm carbon tube for a handheld rig for starters, I'll try with the 16mm as a test, but not expecting too much from it in the beginning.

Did you see the HK daily with the combined 3 axis board (single integrated 3 axis alexmos) on a handheld rig with a 5D or similar, looks like they are going to sell it as a complete package too sometime in the near future.

Cheers
Dec 04, 2013, 05:53 AM
Oi Punks

Anyone using the 20mm pancake on a sony nex,,, also wide angle convertor with this lens
Not a big fan of this 16mm thing I have....
Dec 04, 2013, 06:06 AM
The only half good thing about the 16mm is the price, the optics are sh

The camera is good tho

My 2 axis stabilises a Nikon d5100 with a 50mm f1.8 quite well, now that's a cheap lens with a whole lot of quality.

I'm also looking for any info on 3rd party lenses. I routinely use a sigma 10-20mm in my mast photography which Is good quality, I must do more reading on availability for the e-mount! (preferably not at ziess prices)