Jul 01, 2013, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Bought a Trotter HLG kit and would like help...

Hi,
I just bought this kit from CLM Pro http://www.clm-pro.com/en/trotter-kit/80-all and is the first time I'm building a HLG so I have few questions since I don't want to screw it up.
The kit comes with no instructions at all (just the plans) and the airfoil is S 4083
So here are some questions I have...

1- Should I build the wings on the table or should I make foam beds for the ribs to sit on them?

2- The ribs have CF capstrips that should be glued to them which is the preferred glue/method to do this? My first thought is using CA but I think I will end up with a mess and a lot of extra weight from all the soaked CA on the ribs.

Thanks in advance for any tips on these or if you can point me to any other buold log that might have similarities to this one.
Fernando
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2013, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Sep 27, 2018 at 04:27 AM.
Jul 01, 2013, 10:29 PM
Suspended Account
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Sep 27, 2018 at 04:27 AM.
Jul 02, 2013, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Hi DL,
Thanks a lot for chipping in.
The plans are basically top drawing of the wings, the only extra info is dihedral and V-tail angles.
Thanks for the tip on thick vs. thin CA, so I guess I'll approach it the same way as if it was a full balsa kit and play it by ear and TLAR system.
Fernando

Quick Reply