This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 01, 2013, 07:20 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Back burner stuff moving to the front!

In certain areas at certain times of the year, it's too cold to fly.

Right now, it's almost too hot where I live!

So, I am therefore moving some backlogged projects to the front:

*I've been blogging on and off seemingly for ages about a Great Planes Ultimate .46 given to me by a friend after someone else had given it to him after a minor crash. It had been built as an electric, so the firewall needed reworking. Best of all, I found a part I thought was missing! It was the last piece of the puzzle, as it were. I had a crash-damaged Pitts muffler I was thinking of using, but a new one can wait until I get the engine and radio installed.

*My rebuilt World Models P-51 electric with its SuperTigre .10 outrunner has spent most of its rebuilt time languishing in my closet. I was using the single 1600mAh li-po from my late and lamented Escale Zero from Hobby Lobby. Between one battery and the fact the wing needs unbolting with each battery change meant this sweet-flying model stayed at home more than it's been flown in a long time. The thought of an accidental bump of the throttle while that system was energized was enough to keep me away. I'm buying a safety plug tomorrow and a new battery is on its way from Hobby Lobby!

*I'm getting ready to order the ESCs and control board needed to get my Rotor Concepts HPQ1 quadcopter back in the air and no, I'm not using the factory junk. I mentioned a couple of blogs back how a quadrotor expert buddy of mine has recommended some HobbyKing-sourced components which he'll reflash with SimonK firmware. I just need to hear back from him with his recommendations before I place the order.

*My old E-flite P-47 Thunderbolt foamie has been another closet queen for far too long; it's sporting a new cowl I bought through a user here at RCG, but it remains unflown since that time. It still looks great, but it has its fair share of hangar rash. I'm bringing the canopy to a home improvement store so that I can get custom, color-matched house paint samples for a couple of bucks or so each. Too nice a model to have white slashes of bare white foam all over the place.

*Finally, there are my nitro planes which have languished for far too long. A fresh gallon of fuel, a fresh starter battery, a fresh receiver battery or two and some new banana plugs for the starter should do the trick. I have a bit of extra dough from a side job coming which should help pay for those odds and ends.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply