Jan 31, 2004, 12:04 AM
Thread OP

Where in Southern Calif do you fly Foamies?

Hi all,im looking for places in southern California(LA area and inland)where guys are flying their foamies,any clubs?I know San Diego has a great club,but thats too far,THANKS..........................Dennis
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2004, 12:33 AM
Orange County.
Fairview Park
Jan 31, 2004, 05:05 AM
in riverside thier is a field called La Sierra. here is a site that has so more info, such a location and club rules.
http://www.gliderdude.freeservers.com/index.html
and
http://lsss.homestead.com/
Jan 31, 2004, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the site phat
Jan 31, 2004, 11:29 AM

A Few Acres To Fly In

If you take the 215 South and exit Nichols, there is a few acres where guys usually dirt bike. I fly my plane there. It's great for learning, there's nothing around.
Maybe I'll see you out there, I'm there every Sunday.
Phil M
Jan 31, 2004, 11:51 AM
Foam slopers or powered????

There is a club in long beach. They fly at El Dorado State park, area III. Nice glider/electric field. AMA is a requirement, club membership is not.

People fly slope in Long beach, but I'm not sure exactyly where, I never made it over there.

Bluff point is a good one for slope (search for directions)

Temple hill is supposed to be a great site. A bit of a hike though.

If you're doing the small park flyer type, there are tonns of sports fields that you can fly at if you're smart about it and don't cause trouble. I flew at two in Gardena an Van Ness.

Hobby people in lawndale can clue you in to a few more sites.
Jan 31, 2004, 02:29 PM
Pierce College in back of the football field. 9a to 1p Sat and Sun
Jan 31, 2004, 04:37 PM
Thread OP
powered....Dennis
Jan 31, 2004, 04:40 PM
Then El Dorado is a good place to go. 405 S to Studebaker, left when you get off, then turn right on Spring. Once you get to the gate, they can give directions to the flying area (area III)

Quick Reply