New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by foss1997

Bell 222 for Hornet: JMD or Century fuse?

Got the itch to go scale...and am going to outfit a bl cp hornet w/ a 222 (or dauphin) in retracts and lights. Whats the best 222 fuse?

Thanks!

scott
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by Hoverup
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
I have the Century, the Ikarus foamie and the JMD, and I have to say the JMD with the optional retract package that Jack Dunkle offers is far and a way the best. The Century is way too fragile, the Ikarus too funky to get a good paint job on, but the JMD Models 222 is Lexan and has the best of all things needed for a durable good looking scale fuselage. Some call it the "brick" due to it's weight, but they are all heavy and with Lipo's and BL power it's not a problem in my experience.

Cheers - Boyd
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2004, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by Steve McBride
I don't have either, but do have a JMD canopy and have met the man (Jack Dunkle) and would happily recommend the JMD (I have seen and fondled the 222). I have to assume the company is a quality organization and will be of great help down the line if you need it.

But like I said - I don't own any of the 222 fuses.

If you are a bit aprehensive about painting, get one of the locak hobby shops that specialize in R/C cars to recommend a good paint brush artist.

Steve
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by foss1997
JMD it is! Will probably not get the retract package as 45 bucks seems too steep for a bunch of music wire, cf rod, plate and some wheels, and its always fun to do your own. Painting shouldnt be a problem, ill take it to my dads (he has his own booth in the basement).

Just gotta find a good color scheme. I ve always loved airwolf but lots of those are out there and id like to do something w/ colors.

Thanks all, will post back w/ details and pics once the project gets going (gonna be a few weeks till its all done).

Scott