Jun 25, 2014, 06:32 PM
I did do a search. several in fact. I also looked in the list of my threads and it was nowhere. Now here it is. Seems almost magical what happened. Or...

But thanks , I appreciate your pointing it out.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2014, 06:48 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
Did you search for " 105 inch Maxford" ---brought it right up.

See your thread you posted yesterday, some answers.there.
Oct 12, 2015, 09:19 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.

Better late than never.

Finally got mine together and flying. I've never had a Tiger Moth that didn't fly well and this one is no exception. Took a lot of left aileron trim, so I've got to sort that out. With any luck, I've managed to warp one of the wings with the flying wires and the fix will be easy.
Plenty of power. Cruise is just over half throttle. It takes power smooth as silk. No pitch changes through the whole throttle range should mean that the thrust line is close enough to mount the cowl. I'm going to put the fastener that ties the landing gear together back on as the Dubro big wheels seem to have plenty of "squish". That or something stretchable that is plenty stiff.
Rimfire 65cc on 10 cell 8000mAH battery (2 5s packs in series). Castle Edge 120HV. Xoar 24x10 prop. 84A peak and 23A average. Peak wattage 3115 W peak and 973 average. 7 min. of flight leaves about 65% in the battery.
I spent several hours lapping in the alu. wing joiner tubes so they fit well enough to use the plywood end plates and remove the pairs of left and right wings with the flying wires intact. It fits in my Honda Odyssey. Takes a lot of room, but I can still squeeze in an E-Flite Carbon Z Cub and a 3D foamy.
I'll probably be working on this plane forever adding this or that and making changes. I'd like better looking struts too, It would also be a real looker covered in fabric and painted. Getting the cowl mounted, windshields, and a pilot figure are on the short list.
Sep 19, 2018, 04:49 PM
hello guys!
I bought this plane cca. 2 moths ago.
For power I have added DLE 55 with pitts muffler from sgshobby for 25 and it is much better like original exhaust
I do it some design changes,because now looks better

here is some pictures and video of almost maiden (2nd flight after some changes)

Maxford Usa Tiger Moth 2.7m with DLE 55 - 1:3 scale (6 min 0 sec)
Nov 13, 2018, 06:55 PM
Another two videos:

Maxford Usa Tiger Moth 105in. - preparation for flying (26 min 58 sec)

1/3 Tiger Moth 2.67m 55ccm - start,take off and landing (10 min 59 sec)
Sep 01, 2019, 11:27 AM
Last nice summer flying day for my Tiggy

Tiger Moth 1:3.3 by maxford usa (9 min 35 sec)
Sep 01, 2019, 01:20 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Nice to see another one of these in service. Did mine electric and surprised even myself with the power and duration.
Flew my first scale contest with it this summer and had a ball. It's going to be one of those planes that is never "finished".

Quick Reply