This thread is privately moderated by davidterrell80, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 29, 2013, 09:40 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Thread OP
Discussion

Visionaire and soft ground

I was doing square loops this morning... and doing fine; getting the lower leg closer and closer to the ground. Then, I tried an outside square loop... but didn't raise the altitude... it challenged my mild dyslexia. I got to the the end of the low, horizontal, inverted leg and, saying to myself, "Nose down... nose down." promptly pulled my thumb back as I added power for the climb... pointing the plane directly at the ground from a height of 8-10 feet, and accelerating.

Fortunately, it rained yesterday and the lawn dart suffered only a broken prop, broken hatch, and cracks in the wings. She'll need a new prop, several hours of repairs and a thoroughgoing inspection to be good as new.

*Heavy Sigh*
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2013, 02:08 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Wow Nice to see it held up. Last time I did that I had nothing left but the fuselage standing.
Jun 30, 2013, 08:53 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Thread OP
Got her fixed... I'm going to see how she does with a 13x4E. As, I hardly ever have her about 90% throttle and certainly not for any length of time, she should be fine.
Jul 16, 2013, 11:23 PM
Dave, I repaired mine using 1/2 oz fiber glass cloth and epoxy resin (diluted with 20% methanol). I straightened out the crumpled areas and then laid the cloth over the area, applied the resin with a small sponge, left it over night to cure. A little bit of resin goes a long way, as it doesn't really soak into the foam unless there is a crack.
John

Quick Reply