This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 28, 2013, 10:49 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Yeah, but it's a DRY heat!

Southern California is gonna be one hot place this weekend.

How does a predicted high of 120F (49C) in some of the desert regions grab you?

Death Valley is going to hit 125C (51.6C) later today.

I for one can remember leaving some foam park flyers in the car during a heat wave. They weren't back there for long, just long enough for me to grab a quick bite to eat before heading home from the field. The vacuformed plastic cowl on one shriveled into uselessness as did the simulated black plastic canopy on the other.

Tempted as I am to make a run to the field before heading to work, I think I'll keep my babies safe and sound here at home for now.

At least the humidity should be low in most places. It's actually pleasant in the desert when it's north of 110 with about 6% humidity. I'll take that any day over 90 with 95% humidity in Georgia any day of the week.

Have a cool weekend, California!
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Jun 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply