This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 28, 2013, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

so, how are you today?

how do you answer to that question, especially if you are back from the field, and not everything went right?
usually, you answer: 'fine, thank you. and you?' (the normal exchange of lies). or 'not too bad'.

now, if you are not feeling so good, or something is wrong, and you don't want to lie, or start talking about your misery-that nobody wants to hear-why not give a better answer?
for instance:
#1.-if things are not so bad, you can say: 'am doing the best i can'. this way you are not lying, but don't want to talk about it, and have a positive attitude.
#2.-if you look 'under the weather', or things have gone bad, then: 'i have seen better days'.
(i got these 2 from movies, and use them all the time).

and above all, smile. most of the time it could be worse.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 28, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2013, 10:19 AM
Interesting topic Phil..

If I am not good for whatever reason... my typical response with a big grin is..

"... been better... But it's cost me more "
Jun 28, 2013, 11:06 AM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
Unless it's been a spectacularly good day I go with "I'm alive." Most days that's preferable to the alternative, but not every day.
Jun 28, 2013, 12:35 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Smile broadly. It keeps them on their toes.

"I'm still alive for you to ask me"
Jun 28, 2013, 01:26 PM
Thread OP

or, #3:
SNAFU
you know what it means, isn't it?
airmen on WWII used it all the time. especially bombers' crews.
Jun 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
Totally know that one!

Similar to FUBAR!

Quick Reply