This thread is privately moderated by Airlight, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 28, 2013, 08:28 AM
Free foamie low waste plans
Build Log

Shuttle type glider build...

Hi All

I just uploaded a couple of new albums to the photo album on the site, please feel free to have a look and see if you'd like to comment on anything. All positive feedback welcomed.

I'm particularly interested in anyone with tips on the Cessna build, and I'll be looking for some info on the best motor mounting method for this, along with the finish. I've never build this big before, and some things like the wings are a real trial to get right. I may need to do another set of these as I think they have a slight twist. Anyway, anyone with more skills than me welcome to give tips.

Fly and enjoy!
Last edited by Airlight; Aug 13, 2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Can't spel...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2013, 04:21 AM
Watt Waster

New ...

Looks nice and I see it is a small one. Have you done more work on it? Added a motor and RC gear?
Latest blog entry: Center of Gravity - Airplanes
Jul 04, 2013, 07:54 AM
Hi Tsavah

Thanks and no not yet, I'm waiting to get my hands on a decent 30-40mm edf to mount on this. If you look at the Raptor build pictures on the site, I'm actually looking for something pretty high powered to get these off the ground, something like this

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1742619

but as yet I don't have the funds or the time to invest in this. Thank you for getting in touch, you are one of very few to show any interest in this project.

Regards

Mark
Jul 05, 2013, 01:26 AM
Watt Waster

Build Photos

The title of this thread might have thrown some folks off the scent. Most give the name of the project/subject in the title so those of the same interest can find it. I doubt anyone will use the search engine looking for "albums" as the search word. "Build", or "photos" is too generic and would bury this thread in hundred more with the word. Might be a good idea to rename this thread to make it easier to find by subject/project. Won't matter to me if this gets deleted in the process since I tend to check for new blogs from time to time.

This one (pictured project) looks like some sort of shuttle, but I am not sure where the motor will go. I suspect it will be a pusher design. It will use the lightweight, small, indoor gear due to it's size. Maybe a shuttle style RC glider?

Not sure what you are asking for with the word Cessna as the only clue. Cessna has made many different models, using many variations of design; top wing, mid wing, low wing, and some are single engine and others are twins. You can do an internet search for the specific model you are addressing (185?), then say a bit more about the desired information. I did read the part about motor mount and such, but have no idea what size, weight, or wing loading the model has. Maybe you will have time to do some searches in RC Groups using key words and find a project that matches yours to save on a lot of guess work.

Many builder/pilots use the first post of their blog/thread to post all the details of a successful build. If they make changes to the original, or do a better rebuild, they will often go back to the first post and make changes/updates, or otherwise reveal current revelations. It is a good practice and helps those who share the same interest and desire to have the best model to fly. Best of luck.
Last edited by Tsavah; Jul 05, 2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Jul 05, 2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the tips

HI Tsavah

Thanks for being honest and giving me the tips about thread naming, I'm pretty new to this and don't really know forum etiquette/best practice. I always assume that people will find my stuff through latest posting etc, but I get your point about naming the threads, I'll work on it.

Did you look at my site albums, only the Cessna is the 185 I've shown on there. I'm only as far as getting the wings stiffened and the general fuse built, so I'm waiting until I know more about the controls, motor and battery etc before I start putting things together, so I don't miss out anything crucial. The build log is this one, but there are many similar:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1279174

The problem with giving things on my site different names is 1) there are loads, and I haven't got the imagination for a new name for everything, and 2) I need to keep them in some sort of order eventually, so I stick to giving them there template size and the generic 'form' name like jet, acrobat etc. I think if anything becomes popular (not likely at the current interest level) I might offer a name for it then.

If you have any other tips on getting more people looking at the thrads and my site, I'd love to hear them. Thanks again for your interest.

Regards

Mark
Last edited by Airlight; Jul 05, 2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Added link

Quick Reply