Jun 26, 2013, 07:42 AM
R.C. Designs - I fab. things
Thread OP
Help!

2m Ka8b plan on Les Grands Planeurs RC

So I downloaded this plan from Les Grands Planeurs RC and I copied them to my USB flash drive and took them to FedEx / Kinko's to have them printed. Well, to say the least they are not at 2 meters. What I got works out to 5.2030? Is that 1:5.2 scale?

The wing panels are 56.75 inches root to tip each. What should be a w/s of 78.740 is 113.5 inches. I told them to print them at full size. I checked the pdf files and at 100% they are just what I got from Kinko's. I wanted a 2 meter set of plans.

Can one of you fine scale folks explain to me what is wrong please.

Thanks,

Rick
GDS&HS
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2013, 07:48 AM
You asked a Kinko's employee to do the math ... that's where the problem started
Jun 26, 2013, 11:02 PM
Jim C Patrick
LOL, are you sure you didn't get what you asked for? The frame of the drawing is 32.2", and printed onto a 48" sheet (minus margins) ends up printing about 42% oversize.

You would be better off getting a blueprint service to print it for you. Blueprint Parts & Services in Sterling Heights, Debbie's Printing in Roseville, and Capitol Reproductions or Gwyer Reprographics in Madison Heights are some in your area.
Jun 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
Couldn't you have them print it at about 69.4% instead? Wouldn't that get you your 2m?

Did I do my math correct?

Kurt
Jun 28, 2013, 04:06 PM
Do you have a link to download those plans?
Jun 28, 2013, 10:22 PM
Jim C Patrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gallagher
Do you have a link to download those plans?
Try Les Grands Planeurs RC. The drawing is fundamentally good, but there are problems with each download. The PDF is in a 32" W X 22" H landscape frame, but laid out on a 33" W X 47" H portrait sheet. The units are set as mm, so USA users must convert sizes so the printer will understand how to size correctly. Of course if 'close' is close enough, then the user can guestimate the percentage.

The DXF is also in mm, but is easier to convert in CAD. However the wing plan has an extra line in it. This line is 618,500 miles below the drawing and is over a million miles long! The huge line makes finding the drawing almost impossible. Delete the line and Zoom/Extents works fine.

Quick Reply