Jan 24, 2004, 01:47 PM
Closet Extrovert

you would be surprised how much weight these can handle..

I don't have one of the latest planes yet, but I put my original WB up with 7 cell 1100 Mah NiMHs with an Astro 010 and the 5.5x4 prop. It was great.

I REALLY need to get back on the WB band wagon HINT HINT
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2004, 02:27 PM
Art. The kokam 340's are 0.8oz, or about 25gms...same as your motor.

They can handle 20C however !...so about 6.8amps continous. The only issue is that at 4amps WOT, you're only going to get about 5minutes flying. (what a 5 minutes it will be though)
Jan 24, 2004, 02:49 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
OzzieFlyer
I'm expecting 60-70 MPH! Don't know how much full throttle I can take, if it's not fast enough I can bump it up to a 3x3 @ 4.75 amps!
Jan 24, 2004, 03:35 PM
Master of the Wind
Hey guys just a update.. about 5 more sells and im going close the thread and get these orders taken care.. of..

For all that has one or two on order thankyou !
Im looking forward to the feedback on these..

Brad
Jan 24, 2004, 03:40 PM
Master of the Wind
Art..would you like your wing alittle more robust to handle your cd rom motor.? What I would do is insure your wing is done with little harder balsa .... I am going to do the same for another guy useing cd rom motors.. anyone else ? let me know .. thankyou again.. again I can do about 5 more orders. from this post.
Jan 24, 2004, 04:08 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
AIR MOVER, sounds like a good idea, a little heavier won't bother me any. Art
Jan 24, 2004, 04:37 PM
I'll take one also, PM me with paypal details.

Tim
Jan 24, 2004, 05:04 PM
Master of the Wind
PM sent.
Jan 24, 2004, 05:28 PM
Master of the Wind
here is one of my screen savors
Jan 24, 2004, 06:10 PM
Master of the Wind
I still can take 5 more orders..
Jan 24, 2004, 11:00 PM
I will take one with a more robust wing. I have a Razor 400 i was going to put on mine until my CD rom motor comes. So that extra weight wont be too noticable

Mal
Jan 24, 2004, 11:15 PM
I will take one if they are ready to ship or will be in a couple days or so.
Jan 24, 2004, 11:47 PM
Master of the Wind
Cue I have made a large order for balsa based on the sells Im allowing it to go to 30 units.. I have 5 spots left.. the next chance to get one will be in about 2weeks.. Im mass building, stacking the wood doing triple cuts, three balsa planks per. I have a good scroll saw for the job .. wish I had lazer cutter. my goal is to have the wood lazer cutted and then all I have to do is sculpt the airfoils and put washout in the wing tips.. I airfoil the horizontal and vertical stabs and hinge the ailerons .. elevator.. horns on the elevator.. landing gear installed tail skid.. .. battery mount each phase will be done in mass .. this is the fastest way rather then one at a time... so my best suggestion is jump on the band wagon.. and enjoy shareing your efforts with the rest of us, all units get released at the same time.. There will be a thread running for everyone to kick in info and post pics mods.. upgrades .. flight vids.. . should be a source of good humor and entertainment... Thankyou for your Intrest Cue

Brad
Jan 25, 2004, 01:55 AM

wind buster

I'll take one...just sent payment with paypal, name is Kelly...thanks!
Jan 25, 2004, 02:11 AM
Master of the Wind
Thankyou Kelly!..