This thread is privately moderated by Daryoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 18, 2015, 02:57 PM
I have a Devo 7e that I use hexfet's protocol combo on to fly MJX X400 and others with. I recently bought a 6s and I want to run the same firmware on my new radio but I notice there are only files for the 7e and 10. Will the file for the Devo 10 work? I though I read that the 6, 8, and 10 are basically the same. If so will this work?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2015, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxedMatter
I have a Devo 7e that I use hexfet's protocol combo on to fly MJX X400 and others with. I recently bought a 6s and I want to run the same firmware on my new radio but I notice there are only files for the 7e and 10. Will the file for the Devo 10 work? I though I read that the 6, 8, and 10 are basically the same. If so will this work?
No, you need the specific compiled build version for your TX. Installing a build for different TX you will brick your transmitter (usually easy to unbrick).
Sep 18, 2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks Durete that what I thought. Wish I knew how to compile a build for it.
Sep 18, 2015, 04:04 PM
Team Drone Art
Thread OP
I wonder what this commenter on HacksMods means?

I believe he's refering to the photos I used in my blog post here:

http://www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/wal...ase-range-mod/

From Czarek:
Quote:
Dear HacksMod, first I see in your RF module is Walkera’s common error – both chokes at CYRF6936 are 1.8nH. This one at pin 10 should be 22nH.
Sorry my poor English…
Czarek.
What's the pros of correcting the choke? I wonder if newer Devo 7e CYRF modules has this corrected?
Sep 18, 2015, 04:11 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyathyrio
Devo 7E and Deviation are still a great combination even after all these years. Besides soldering in the modules you may need for the various protocols, there is a range mod that increases your control distance to roughly 1km depending on receiver and other factors. This mod is relatively easy if done with a conductive ink pen, but challenging if trying to do it with solder on the very small components inside. Adding a pair of 3-way switches really enhances the ability to program control various flying things also.

I believe you are asking if the Devo can be programmed to make the quads do flips at the press of a button like many toy transmitters? It can, but only if the quad has that ability programmed in from the factory.
I.e. i have a wltoys 272 quad. I can put it on "flip mode" and turn off the lights by flipping switches on channels 5 and 6.

On my proto x i was able to turn off half the lights by adding a switch to channels 5, 6, etc. Which i dont believe i could have done with the stock controller.
Sep 18, 2015, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
I wonder what this commenter on HacksMods means?

I believe he's refering to the photos I used in my blog post here:

http://www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/wal...ase-range-mod/

From Czarek:

What's the pros of correcting the choke? I wonder if newer Devo 7e CYRF modules has this corrected?
My CYRF module has a different choke at CYRF's pin 10, and is dead without any use
So not sure is better
Sep 19, 2015, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyathyrio
Devo 7E and Deviation are still a great combination even after all these years. Besides soldering in the modules you may need for the various protocols, there is a range mod that increases your control distance to roughly 1km depending on receiver and other factors. This mod is relatively easy if done with a conductive ink pen, but challenging if trying to do it with solder on the very small components inside. Adding a pair of 3-way switches really enhances the ability to program control various flying things also.

I believe you are asking if the Devo can be programmed to make the quads do flips at the press of a button like many toy transmitters? It can, but only if the quad has that ability programmed in from the factory.

I have made a "flip" button...
And work great!
Sep 19, 2015, 01:55 AM
is it possible to program the available button: HOLD or FMODE,
as flip button?
Sep 19, 2015, 02:10 AM
Yes, the problem is that the switch remains active, so it is like to always keep the button pressed. Instead the flip needs a short press then return to normal driving. It's just a matter of convenience.
Sep 19, 2015, 02:15 AM
If only for a short press,
how about the trim button?
Can you use it?
Sep 19, 2015, 04:09 AM
Probably yes, because in some models like X800 trims are used to turn on or turn off the lights. You can use the buttons next to the display. The problem is always comfort.
Sep 19, 2015, 04:14 AM
thanks IKKI.
how hard is it to add additional buttons to 7e?
how many can be added?

do you have to change the software too?
Sep 19, 2015, 04:30 AM
Hi Guys,

for devo 7e with regular 4 AA batteries,
how low the batteries can get before the TX stops working?
Sep 19, 2015, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKart
thanks IKKI.
how hard is it to add additional buttons to 7e?
how many can be added?

do you have to change the software too?
I would say that is very simple, I did not do nothing but stretch the wires of the switch FMODE and bring them to the button.
Sep 20, 2015, 01:47 AM
Very easy to do, get a off-(on) momentary buttons switch. Solder it to the red & black on the hold or fmode switch.

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1442731516720.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 741.7 KB
Description:

Quick Reply