An idea for mounting your Hacker in a GWS gearbox...
This idea came to me after I bought a Hacker B-20/26 but already had a motor stick installed on my plane to mount the GWS gearbox.
1. Remove the shaft and bearings from the gearbox. (Unless you just buy the gearbox plain)
2. Shave the front flush where the front bearing was.
3. I used a Hitec servo wheel, the large one that comes with the HS-700. Drill the center out to the correct size and also drill the two holes next to it for the mounting screws. I used the template that came with the motor.
4. Drill the four holes in the servo wheel to match up with the outer holes in the GWS gearbox. I drilled them just big enough so that the screws I used slid right through.
Insert the four screws, I used standard servo mounting screws. They will just self-tap into the gearbox.
5. Mount the Hacker and you're done. From there it just mounts like any GWS motor does, just slap on the stick.
For all of you who are using zip ties to throw your motor on, try this, you'll never go back.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fit an MP Jet 25/25-26 in a GWS gearbox?||JREEVES||Power Systems||7||Aug 13, 2004 07:22 PM|
|Question||commercial swap out for cd rom motor in gws 300 gearbox, help needed||danstrider||Power Systems||11||Aug 13, 2004 04:08 PM|
|Hacker in GWS Gearbox||roboracing||Power Systems||2||Nov 17, 2003 11:04 AM|
|Mounting a Astro 10 in a GWS gearbox||GW||Power Systems||2||Oct 22, 2003 11:55 PM|
|Mounting APC prop on GWS gearbox||mt_100||Parkflyers||18||Jun 06, 2001 04:07 PM|