Dec 01, 2001, 10:36 PM

OK - Duskstik now really Finished - What Color did you use?

I am attaching a picture of my completed Duskstik that is now finally done. Everything is installed but I am still waiting for Dave at RadicalRC to send me an R4-P Receiver & a ICS50 Speed Controller, as soon as they arrive, it goes up!
I am curiuos as to what Color Reynolds everybody is using on their Duskstiks. I could not decide between Violet & Red but decided on Red after I literally flipped a coin. The Green & Blue looked interesting but I was concerned about visibility in Blue or Grey Sky.
Anybody got any pictures of their Duskstik? I sure would like to see them.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2001, 11:06 PM
Nice looking bird mrebman! I've been meaning to build one of those for several months now but just haven't gotten to it yet. I let myself get sidetracked and built a SoSlo2 now I'm just 3 servos short of completing an And_Now.

I'd like to hear how the flight goes when you get her up up and away

CharlesD
Dec 02, 2001, 09:12 AM
I used Litespan to cover the Dusk.
Dec 02, 2001, 12:54 PM
DuskStik covered in Oracover Lite Red, went on OK but bowed the wingtips in slightly. Will reinforce the wing tips if I build another one.
Dec 02, 2001, 02:37 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Paul,

Nice job on your scratch built DuskStik. In the new kit I will be reinforcing the outer ribs so that you can use a stronger covering.

Wait till you see what's on the drawing board now. Very exciting stuff.

Doug
Dec 03, 2001, 10:25 AM
Thanks Doug,

Just building a modified Herr Prowler from plans currently, just to get something a little faster than a Duskstik and able to handle winds in the UK.

Paul C.

Another new plane, can't wait !
Dec 03, 2001, 10:46 AM
Ok Doug, what's on the board next.....any hints?
Dec 03, 2001, 10:52 AM
kit
kit
Coclimber,

Did you get any 370 B GWS motors in yet?

Thanks
Dec 03, 2001, 10:55 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
John,

I haven't flown it yet so it's still quite undefined, but what I'm working on is a full fuselage balsa plane that assembles quickly due to the interlocking laser cut parts. It will have a real airplane look, be lightweigh, and will have three different wing options from tame to wildly aerobatic. As usual, I will be looking for three testers. I have two lined up and would like you to be the third. Interested?

Doug
Dec 03, 2001, 10:56 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Kit, 370s are coming. I will make a post about UrbanFlyer motors as soon as they arrive.

Doug
Dec 03, 2001, 02:29 PM
Doug,

I finally finished and flew my aileron wing on my DuskStik. I powered it with a GWS 370 B. To level the wing with the thrust-line of the motor I made a ply-balsa-play spacer that attached to the wing and raised the TE somewhere between .75 and 1 inch. I'll get some better measurement tonight. The weight increase was minimal. The only things added were the thin balsa ailerons, a GWS pico servo, and linkages. I flew using an 8 cell NiMh 700mAh pack. I didn't time my flight but it felt, for what that's worth, a little longer than the Urban Flyer's flight times. That seems about right to me since I used the same motor and battery pack. I didn't use full throttle near as much as I usually do on the UF so I'll hopefully be able to fly again tomorrow morning. I'll post pics as soon as I get my digital camera working again .

BTW, I'm always willing to be a guinee-pig!
Dec 03, 2001, 03:10 PM
Count me in Doug, I'm ready to test!
Dec 04, 2001, 11:21 AM
I'm still putting mine together ... with VIOLET Reynolds Wrap. Looks nice, I'll try and get a pic up when I'm done (hopefully before my first crash, er flight, with it).

Nice job, mrebman! She's a 'beaut'!
Dec 04, 2001, 02:45 PM

Can't wait

I ordered my Dusk Stik last week. You guys are getting me psyched up. As I'm driving around the neighborhood now I'm always looking around thinking "That looks like a good place to fly."

I'm waiting to hear some flight reports.

VWTechie - how did it fly with ailerons? Was the rudder hooked up too?

How does this thing handle mild wind with the GWS A motor?