Jun 19, 2013, 01:50 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Trays are an acquired taste, but like other acquired tastes you wonder how you ever got along without it (sort of like my smart phone).
And then add this sweetness and it's a slam dunk.
It took me over two decades to like beer, guess it will be about the same for a tray? ( and I still can't stand smart phones,,,,,,,,,yet, mostly the price/m) LOL Thanks for your reply and all your OpenTx help, thanks Scott and Wayne for your support! ,bummer the 5pm deal went down as did, spent 90+ minutes with my wore out F5 key and finger, figured Wayne was trying to fix the server on the phone (so I respected NOT to call), but I guess he was on the phone taking orders,,,, I will get my Tarani soon No worries, Wayne is a good guy! Fly ON!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2013, 03:25 AM
Mark Harrison
Snipeworm,

Here's some tutorial on er9x and openTx mixing. You're welcome to link to this.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1820823
Jun 19, 2013, 04:07 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
They're made for finger flyers (pinch grip). When you fly without actually gripping your transmitter, a tray can be very beneficial. It's certainly not necessary, but I really like the feel as I can completely relax the my hands while gently touching the sticks.
Hmmm, been pinching the sticks since 1972,,,,does the neck strap not allow this? Thanks!
Jun 19, 2013, 04:12 AM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
Hmmm, been pinching the sticks since 1972,,,,does the neck strap not allow this? Thanks!
Of course not. Like Scott said, it's an acquired taste. I can fly just fine without one...
Jun 19, 2013, 08:53 AM
Snipe the Skies!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
Snipeworm,

Here's some tutorial on er9x and openTx mixing. You're welcome to link to this.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1820823
Thanks Mark, nice site you have! I will check those videos out tonight, I am in a meeting from 9 to 5 today. Thanks for all the help so far guys, I have been getting PM's from people helping to create this thread by supplying info, even FRSKY has contacted me.
Jun 19, 2013, 08:54 AM
Snipe the Skies!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
Subscribing...

EDIT: Sorry Snipe. I just realized you wanted to keep the first page clean. Go ahead and delete my posts if ya like. Sorry....
No worries dude! I think I have carved out enough space on page one.
Jun 19, 2013, 01:45 PM

Custom Splash Screens

I found Custom Splash Screens are quite a bit more tricky than model icons. They are 212 pixels x 64 pixels. I really have not gotten the hand of them yet, but wanted to upload my first in honor of the outfit that has done so much to help many of us with this hobby.

To change the splash screen in C9x you choose "customize my Tx" in the Burn drop down menu. Then click on "load firmware" in the little window that pops up. and choose the most recent firmware you've downloaded. Then you choose "load image" and choose the image file. Save the firmware (use different name). With the Transmitter off -- plug into the USB and, using C9x, click on the "Write Flash Memory" -- choose the modified version of the firmware.. and you've changed your Splash Screen.
Jun 19, 2013, 02:15 PM

The various vario connections

This is an excellent post on Vario written by"

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2657
Jun 19, 2013, 07:29 PM
ancora imparo

Correction

Sott, the info in that post about the D6 receiver is incorrect. I have subsequently found the D6 accepts the variation voltage on the A2 pin. How it appears depends on the display used however. The DHT-U displays just a voltage which goes up and down with variation. Pretty useless as a display but what you do is set voltage alarms to trigger so you get one sound for rising and another for sinking. Works perfectly as a thermal alert.

My FLD-02 does not display the variation - but this may be a version issue. Haven't sorted out yet whether the alarms work.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:07 PM
Snipe the Skies!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
I found Custom Splash Screens are quite a bit more tricky than model icons. They are 212 pixels x 64 pixels. I really have not gotten the hand of them yet, but wanted to upload my first in honor of the outfit that has done so much to help many of us with this hobby.

To change the splash screen in C9x you choose "customize my Tx" in the Burn drop down menu. Then click on "load firmware" in the little window that pops up. and choose the most recent firmware you've downloaded. Then you choose "load image" and choose the image file. Save the firmware (use different name). With the Transmitter off -- plug into the USB and, using C9x, click on the "Write Flash Memory" -- choose the modified version of the firmware.. and you've changed your Splash Screen.
Awesome work! Looking forward to learning more about this!
Jun 19, 2013, 11:11 PM
Snipe the Skies!
Thread OP
I have been searching the web looking for a good text to speech mp3 generator to start making audio files for alerts and alarms. The only one I have found with a good enough voice quality requires a $50 purchase to generate the mp3 files. The free software sounds horrible.

Here is what I was looking at.

http://www.naturalreaders.com/

Try it out for free. Let me know if anyone knows of a high quality product for free!
Jun 19, 2013, 11:19 PM

Synthesized voice to text

I used http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

EDIT April 2016: The link above no longer works. Currently people are making voice @ http://www.acapela-group.com/ using the instructions found @ https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1974
Last edited by scott page; Apr 06, 2016 at 02:00 AM.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:22 PM
Snipe the Skies!
Thread OP
I saw that one but the disclaimer says the generated files cannot be shared over the internet..... Well, they dont want you to anyway. Thanks though, if I cannot find another I suppose I will roll with it.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:39 PM

Sammi sounds

Here is a set of sounds I made when I was using the sky9x. The sounds can be any name unless they are in the system folder -- then they need to have specific names to be called by the Transmitter. tada.wav for instance is the startup sound - but you can use any sound that's a U-law or A-Law .wav file with that name and it will work.

I don't have a list of what names the system sounds calls in the Taranis. I'll work on that.

UPDATE 6/25/13
I've learned that Ulaw or Alaw are not the only WAV files that will work with the Taranis. Now, PCM encoding will work as well and that's much preferable. The sounds must be sampled at 8 or 16 or 32 kHz or the Taranis won't play them. As a result I've changed the attachments to this message.
Last edited by scott page; Jun 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM.
Jun 20, 2013, 12:26 AM
Snipe the Skies!
Thread OP
Nice! I am on my phone right now and for some reason the playbackk is in slow mo.... Gonna check it out when I get back to the laptop.

Quick Reply