May 04, 2014, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamarunizam
Hi Scott,
Newbie here.
I have been follow you in youtube and cannot find out and understand correct way how to setup the helicopter using taranis TX. I using V8R7-II receiver.
Maybe this will help. http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=598718
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2014, 12:59 PM
3D Toy Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro
The Taranis supports 16 chanels out of the box. You can do it with one X8R and S.bus to PPM converters, or two X8Rs. For 2 receivers all you need to do is bind one receiver to channels 1-8 in D16 mode, and bind the other to channels 9-16. Only 1 receiver can have telemetry. How to do this is spelled out in the X8R "manual".

Nice looking Dauntless by the way.
Thank You, ... that's why I needed the info. Maiden attempt #2. She will fly or die on the 24th.

Bill
May 04, 2014, 01:30 PM
OpenTX University Staff
RCSettings.com is a good place to start looking for heli setups. Here is a link to the heli page: http://rcsettings.com/index.php/view.../4-helicopters. See if you can find what you need here.
May 04, 2014, 02:51 PM
i am trying to set throttle curves for different flight modes and i have 2 flight modes. one flight mode the curve is set at 60 on the top end and the other flight mode i have the curve at 100, but there is no difference in the motors rpm in either mode, am i doing something wrong? in the throttle mix i have the weight set at 100%.
May 04, 2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw73
i am trying to set throttle curves for different flight modes and i have 2 flight modes. one flight mode the curve is set at 60 on the top end and the other flight mode i have the curve at 100, but there is no difference in the motors rpm in either mode, am i doing something wrong? in the throttle mix i have the weight set at 100%.
If you could post your EEPE file, or screen shots or something it would be so much easier to diagnose what's going on. You're telling us what you did right, we need to find what's been done wrong.
May 04, 2014, 03:57 PM
can anyone tell me how to get the sp-flvs voltage sensor and the readings on my telemetry screen to match, right now they are off a bit. Do I need to calibrate the transmitter first? If so, can someone explain how? My frsky sensor shows 3.8 and it shows something different on the A2 channel on the telemetry screen on the TX.

Thank you!

Sorry Admin, I put this somewhere else on the forum and realized it was in the wrong category.
May 04, 2014, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
If you could post your EEPE file, or screen shots or something it would be so much easier to diagnose what's going on. You're telling us what you did right, we need to find what's been done wrong.
i attached the eepe file. i compressed it to a zip file, thats the only way i knew how to attach it, unless there is another way. i would of attached it sooner but i have been having internet trouble.

i appreciate any help! im still learning opentx.
May 04, 2014, 05:16 PM
Quote:
I'm not a rotary guy, so I am of limited help here but I'll highlight what I see and post your screens for others to analyze.

First thing I see is a throttle mix (ch1) with several lines, but no switches to change between lines. I see that the lines are set to be active with particular flight modes, but I'm not sure that invoking the flight mode will switch the throttle lines.
I've never tried to change lines this way -- I've always coupled a switch -- so I'm not sure.

Hopefully others will see more than I' Heli's make me dizzy.

EDIT: I did some testing and it appears that you must include the switch in the mix line. This is how I've always done it -- but I wanted to be sure there was not another way before I got definitive.
Last edited by scott page; May 04, 2014 at 05:21 PM.
May 04, 2014, 05:32 PM
i normally use the switches in the mixer too but i got this eepe from pmackenzie and i tweeked it a little. it will go from normal mode to the first flight mode 'idle up' and thr_hold is working also , so i will assume the flight mode switch is working but there is no change in rpm on the second mode. i am still unsure if the curve will change the motor rpm or will i have to change the weights in the mixer page? if the curves would not change it then that would make much sense.
Last edited by aw73; May 04, 2014 at 05:42 PM.
May 04, 2014, 05:39 PM
the first curve is set at 60% so maybe that is already the max signal to the esc. i wouldnt think so but i will keep bringing down the % until or when it changes.
May 04, 2014, 05:41 PM
Quote:
i normally use the switches in the mixer too but i got this eepe from pmackenzie and i tweeked it a little. it will go from normal mode to the first flight mode 'idle up' , so i will assume the flight mode switch is working but there is no change in rpm on the second mode. i am still unsure if the curve will change the motor rpm or will i have to change the weights in the mixer page? if the curves wouldnt change it then that would make much sense.
Pmackenzie is a very smart cookie. I would never second guess his programming. The fact that I was unable to have mix lines change by changing flight modes doesn't mean it won't work and I can't figure it out.
May 04, 2014, 05:50 PM
i think opentx is a little confusing, at least to me. i have been using deviation, and it is a little more straight forward and user friendly.
May 04, 2014, 05:53 PM

Here's a simple one for y'all

I have two models that are giving me an issue on binding. I have a 450 clone heli using a Spektrum AR7610 and a Bixler using an orange 6-channel RX. The Taranis has an Orange Module for use with my Spektrums.

I have to repeatedly re-bind with the Bix or the 450 whenever I bind with one or the other. So, if I want to fly with the Bix, if it was the last plane I flew with, everything is fine. However, If I fly with the Bix and then want to fly with the 450 clone, I have to re-bind with the clone. If I then want to fly the Bix, I have to re-bind with it.

I am using PPM and 22.5 ms for both, but i"m not anywhere an an expert at this. I also have a couple of hexas that are using the X8R and have no problemo with those.

Any ideas? It's okay to make me feel stupid

Thank for any help you can offer.

(FYI I started reading from Page one on 04/16 and am up to page 325... I plan to be all caught up on June 23 of this year maybe hehehe)
May 04, 2014, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Pmackenzie is a very smart cookie. I would never second guess his programming. The fact that I was unable to have mix lines change by changing flight modes doesn't mean it won't work and I can't figure it out.
when you have one flight mode selected on the mixer edit page, it will only work in that mode. and the flight mode has a switch assigned to it.

to me it is easier to assign a switch from the mixer page as you suggested.
May 04, 2014, 06:05 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Is it possible that one model is dsm2 and the other dsmx? Switching between the two can be a problem.

Quick Reply