You should most definitely.
And just to be very clear; it talks to you, it doesn't beep

DONATE to OpenTx -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=DJ9MASSKVW8WN
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2014, 05:15 AM

Flashing lights

DAVE
Attached, simple set up for flashing lights using a single HK switch.
Note the slow settings in the mixes. you can alter them to speed up or slow down the rate,
Jan 21, 2014, 07:14 AM
F550 Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
DAVE
Attached, simple set up for flashing lights using a single HK switch.
Note the slow settings in the mixes. you can alter them to speed up or slow down the rate,
Tom,

That's ideal as I'm looking to have LED strips around the arms of my hex-rotor which are well within the power tolerances of my current configuration. The second light channel is to power 4 x 3W LEDs to assist with long distance orientation. From what I've been reading, these LEDs get very hot even though they have a metal heat sink so one option I was looking at was having them flash with a 50% on 50% off cycle to both reduce consumption and heat build up.

Dave
Jan 21, 2014, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatlab
Tom,

That's ideal as I'm looking to have LED strips around the arms of my hex-rotor which are well within the power tolerances of my current configuration. The second light channel is to power 4 x 3W LEDs to assist with long distance orientation. From what I've been reading, these LEDs get very hot even though they have a metal heat sink so one option I was looking at was having them flash with a 50% on 50% off cycle to both reduce consumption and heat build up.

Dave
Here is a simple set up to flash lights alternatively. Adjust the Custom Switch values V1 and V2 for different speeds. Uses 2 switches.

Tom
Last edited by Tomkfly; Jan 21, 2014 at 07:38 AM.
Jan 21, 2014, 07:26 AM
Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Any update on the FLVSS setup video Scott?
Jan 21, 2014, 08:32 AM

Use of Turnigy 9X compatible receivers

Hello,

Probably a very silly question.......

I have Turnigy 9X version 2 and bunch of receivers that are compatible with it.

I would like to continue using all of the receivers with the a Taranis, they have been very reliable. What would be involved to make this happen?

Thanks,

Bill
Jan 21, 2014, 08:35 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smudge
Hello,

Probably a very silly question.......

I have Turnigy 9X version 2 and bunch of receivers that are compatible with it.

I would like to continue using all of the receivers with the a Taranis, they have been very reliable. What would be involved to make this happen?

Thanks,

Bill
Buy and install a FlySky TM0002 transmitter module. Check eBay, under $20.

Ted
Jan 21, 2014, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Bullit
Any update on the FLVSS setup video Scott?
Family Emergency has preempted everything.
Jan 21, 2014, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68
Soo much minutea dealing with other minutea ...dealing with legacy systems, all trying to catch up as it were. SOO much of this thread, is actually dominated by stuff that is NOT Frsky dominated. So perhaps yous guys that consider yourselves to be Futaba or Spekturm experts .. we are illiterate and we don't care. So start your own thread. Nothing personal .. just tired of pages and pages of alltj"canI akemy XXXwirje wumaybet ,, yadayads .. making Taranis working your old legacy systems.
It's already been done. Now the new threads just need to be used.
Jan 21, 2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Family Emergency has preempted everything.
As it should. I hope everything is OK, best wishes for whatever the emergency is. Take care of the important stuff.
Jan 21, 2014, 11:19 AM

Need help with sbus to use 16 channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
Cool. So according to the manual for the X8R, I have to put jumpers across the signal pins of both 1&2 and 3&4 to select channels 9-16 and telemetry. Am I correct?
where i can get jumper it did not come with my trannis kit can i use a regular cable to use for jumpers. Question 2 i set the channel range to 1-16 on the tannis. Can i use this cable on this picture for jumpers?
Last edited by dhardjono; Jan 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM.
Jan 21, 2014, 11:26 AM
Breaker of Things
In the kit with the case the jumpers are in the package with the keys.

Cheers,

Paul
Jan 21, 2014, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppridday
In the kit with the case the jumpers are in the package with the keys.

Cheers,

Paul
Wow thanks i just check it there so i just jump 1&2 only or both 1&2 and 3&4 ?

Ok done that now how to set to mode 4? any one help please
Last edited by dhardjono; Jan 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
Jan 21, 2014, 01:04 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatlab
Tom,

Dave
I run the HK 3W leds at 150mA (not at the so called 300mA rating), if you put the leds out on the arm under the props they are fine on all the time. Bright daylight can be seen 1/4 mile away, at night at least a mile.
Jan 21, 2014, 01:29 PM
F550 Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
I run the HK 3W leds at 150mA (not at the so called 300mA rating), if you put the leds out on the arm under the props they are fine on all the time. Bright daylight can be seen 1/4 mile away, at night at least a mile.

Thanks Oz, that's useful to know. I know that the LEDs have around 120 degrees viewing angle so what I was thinking of doing is mounting them on the uprights under the motors on the F550 with two reds on the rear arms so that they are facing across each other but offset by the 60 degree angle of the arms and the same with two white one on the front arms. If that does not work viewing wise I was thinking of mounting them pointing straight down at the ends of the arms. As my biggest problem is when I have the craft high up and can't make out the difference between the front and back.

I am planning on using MR16 LED drivers powered from the 4S flight batteries, hopefully that way I won't need a 3.3v UBEC.

Quick Reply