Feb 26, 2020, 05:40 PM
Thanks. If I find myself at loose ends one day, I may check the various outputs on a G-RX8 just for curiosity.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2020, 07:32 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole slope
A guy on the BARCS site here measured current draw from his digi servos doing the dance with telemetry on, then again with the tele off and no shimmies. There’s no way I would fly any model with the servos dancing away having seen those results...

JR digital servos all seem to do this, some current measurements I did are here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1847

Some servos do buzz a bit, but with little or no current increase (MKS for example)
Mar 01, 2020, 03:23 PM

How does Taranis work.

Is there a tutorial how the stick positions are transmitted to the RX?

Is it a continuous data stream?

What triggers a Fail Safe mode? Is it an RF glitch or data corruption? How long does it take to recover a Fail Safe glitch?

Is there a concept of CRC & LRC?

If it is like TCP/IP then I assume every packet would have the TX ID embedded in every packet. IE The sender address / receiver address / number of packets etc.

I would just like to know how it works so I can discuss with correct information.

If this is not the correct forum where should go.

Cheers John Quigley
Mar 01, 2020, 03:38 PM
Happy FPV flyer
A packet with 8 servo positions is transmitted every 9ms. Failsafe is triggered by the RX if it did not receive valid frames for 0.9sec regardless of the reason. The TX ID is present and the receiver only listens to that, and yes there's a CRC.
Mar 01, 2020, 03:56 PM
Hi Kilrah

Thankyou and very interesting.

I think there is still more to learn.

How can I simulate a "packet loss (0.9ms") to see how long the system takes to recover?

Could I assume the next 0.9 seconds if I do not have Fail safe set?

What is the practice in the EU?

Kind regards John Quigley

Kind regards
Mar 04, 2020, 01:03 PM
Firecracker!

Taranis drive won't mount

I'm updating from 2.0.19 on a Taranis X9D+ to the new X9D+ SE 2019 and 2.3.5. I got the firmware flashed and the SD card contents updated, models have been migrated via 2.2 and everything was working, except for one Lua script. So I put the new SE TX into bootloader mode, started Companion 2.3.5, and plugged in the TX like I had done many times before.

Only this time, I got a dialog "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. Initialize... Ignore Eject"

I'm running MacOS and Finder showed the SD card mounted as a device, but not the Taranis itself. Then I tried a shorter USB cable with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Mar 04, 2020, 01:12 PM
Does the X9D (I got one very early in FRSKY days) support that new ACCESS stuff? And can I get Hall effect super nice gimbals? Been out of the a long time whilst sick. Can you use the older X receivers and the access stuff?
Mar 04, 2020, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archades
Does the X9D (I got one very early in FRSKY days) support that new ACCESS stuff? And can I get Hall effect super nice gimbals? Been out of the a long time whilst sick. Can you use the older X receivers and the access stuff?
There are some doubts about original X9Ds running the ACCESS RF module firmware ... it apparently works on some but not others. I wouldn't do anything (yet). There's no ACCESS firmware for the X4R/X6R/X8R receivers but ACCST D16 mode is supported so you could still use them. D8 mode isn't supported by ACCESS though.

Yes it's easy (and quite cheap) to upgrade the gimbals - search for "FrSky M9 Hall Sensor Gimbal for X9D" to buy some.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 04, 2020, 02:02 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillO
I'm updating from 2.0.19 on a Taranis X9D+ to the new X9D+ SE 2019 and 2.3.5. I got the firmware flashed and the SD card contents updated, models have been migrated via 2.2 and everything was working, except for one Lua script. So I put the new SE TX into bootloader mode, started Companion 2.3.5, and plugged in the TX like I had done many times before.

Only this time, I got a dialog "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. Initialize... Ignore Eject"

I'm running MacOS and Finder showed the SD card mounted as a device, but not the Taranis itself. Then I tried a shorter USB cable with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
What does the Taranis show?
Mar 04, 2020, 02:24 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
There are some doubts about original X9Ds running the ACCESS RF module firmware
That is for ACCST "V2". Only the new radios made for ACCESS can run that.
Mar 04, 2020, 02:32 PM
Firecracker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro
What does the Taranis show?
Wow. In order to answer your question, I connected the TX to my computer again -- and this time it mounted both the TX and the SD card! I used the short USB cable again, the one that comes with the TX.

The TX shows "OTX Bootloader - 2.3.0" at the top and "USB Connected" in the middle of the screen.

So the problem is intermittent then. Do I need to update the Bootloader to 2.3.5?
Mar 04, 2020, 02:53 PM
USB cables will get you when you least need it, that's for sure.
Some are just for data, some work sometimes for both.
Get a good one and stick with it.
Sounds like you're on the right track.

Take care and good luck
Bob
Mar 04, 2020, 03:03 PM
2 infect U it 1st has 2 find U
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
Some are just for data, some work sometimes for both.
No, some are for data and charging, some are just for charging.
Latest blog entry: A short message...
Mar 04, 2020, 03:04 PM
My mistake
Thanks Mike
Mar 04, 2020, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
That is for ACCST "V2". Only the new radios made for ACCESS can run that.
Sorry, of course that's the case
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review

Quick Reply