Thread Tools
Sep 16, 2019, 11:29 PM
Registered User
Does anyone have a fix for the Taranis controller in Sim? I see the video about the rollback driver but for me, that option is Grayed out.
Nevermind I just needed to read the comment on the video Thanks
Last edited by David Galati; Sep 17, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 11:48 PM
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123
I've had one or both of these FrSky dual antennas fall off several times .. often the miniature RF connector pops off or else the internal coax signal line pulls out of its connection to the center pin within the RF connector.. Is there a way to prevent this, and once it's happened, how do you get the connector to re-seat and stay in place?
I've used hotmelt glue several times. I also use a dab on the exterior of the RX case where antenna coax exits for strain relief.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:41 AM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
I've used hotmelt glue several times. I also use a dab on the exterior of the RX case where antenna coax exits for strain relief.
Scott,
I like that idea a LOT .. and that if necessary you can probably peel Hot Glue off ...Thanks!
Sep 17, 2019, 01:58 AM
looking up, down under
scruffy1's Avatar
i'm surprised you hadn't thought of it - used here for quite a while

i find hot glue is crap for building imho, but as an aerial fixer it is very useful
Sep 17, 2019, 08:03 AM
OpenTX University Staff
maguro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123
Scott,
I like that idea a LOT .. and that if necessary you can probably peel Hot Glue off ...Thanks!
Hot glue removes easily with the application of alcohol.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:50 AM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
Miami Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Galati
Does anyone have a fix for the Taranis controller in Sim? I see the video about the rollback driver but for me, that option is Grayed out.
Nevermind I just needed to read the comment on the video Thanks
I started a discussion on my blog about this issue. Could you please post there with a link to the video?
Sep 17, 2019, 09:45 AM
RobKit--Sweden
robkit's Avatar

Taranis love Saito FA-90-T Or ??


Hej all of you, I have not been here for a while..
I want to have my Saito to start dating my Taranis 9D..

The intention is to use tempsensors for reading exhaust temp on both exhausts and
below a defined temperature to activate my switch, (turning on on board glow).
It is probably a simple thing for all of you who play with opentx every day,,
but for me it is..

Does any of you have a suggestion on how to program it ? or maybe this is already published somewhere `?

Appreciating any comments //
Sep 17, 2019, 10:04 AM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
Miami Mike's Avatar
The FrSky site says "Up to two TEMS-01 temperature sensors can be used at the same time." Do you have that working? Do they appear as two separate sensors that you can display on a "Numbers" telemetry page?

If so then, as you say, it would be pretty simple to set up the logic. Just let us know what you have working already.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:13 PM
RobKit--Sweden
robkit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
The FrSky site says "Up to two TEMS-01 temperature sensors can be used at the same time." Do you have that working? Do they appear as two separate sensors that you can display on a "Numbers" telemetry page?

If so then, as you say, it would be pretty simple to set up the logic. Just let us know what you have working already.
Great to have your response,,
Yes I have both sensors working and installed/attached to exhaust header.

Still need to work out the temperature limit, but I think that it will be 150 Celcius as a starting point, meaning that the glow will be triggered below 150.
Last edited by robkit; Sep 17, 2019 at 02:39 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:36 PM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
Miami Mike's Avatar
Okay, I'll assume that your temperature sensors are named "Tmp1" and "Tmp2", your glow plug switch is on CH08, a value of +100% turns it on, and -100% turns it off.

Here you go:





Sep 17, 2019, 04:39 PM
RobKit--Sweden
robkit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
Okay, I'll assume that your temperature sensors are named "Tmp1" and "Tmp2", your glow plug switch is on CH08, a value of +100% turns it on, and -100% turns it off.

Here you go:





Mike... it looks way to easy !!

Thanks I will check it out and let you know how it works.. I suppose I also can use a "arming" switch in that same mix,, right ??
Sep 17, 2019, 05:54 PM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
Miami Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkit
I suppose I also can use a "arming" switch in that same mix,, right ??
That would be a good application for one of the three-way switches, such as SA. If you want the glow plug to be on, set it to SA↑. If you want it to be off, set it to SA↓. If you want it to be on but turn off when the temperature exceeds 150C, set it to SA-.

Sep 18, 2019, 11:56 PM
Quadaholic
--Oz--'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123
I've had one or both of these FrSky dual antennas fall off several times .. often the miniature RF connector pops off or else the internal coax signal line pulls out of its connection to the center pin within the RF connector.. Is there a way to prevent this, and once it's happened, how do you get the connector to re-seat and stay in place?
I use goop (any flavor, marine is my fav because it has UV protection, but automotive, household, or any of the other 7 favors work well too), be sure to get it on the coax as that is what you want strain relieved and the PCB.
Sep 19, 2019, 11:07 AM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar

a couple questions about Rx antennas


Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
I use goop (any flavor, marine is my fav because it has UV protection, but automotive, household, or any of the other 7 favors work well too), be sure to get it on the coax as that is what you want strain relieved and the PCB.
Thanks --Oz--
I agree that stabilizing the coax lead is critical, and that goop is a better choice compared to Epoxy, but it does take a lot longer to set than hot glue.

By the way I got that pack of 10 replacement antennas from Amazon that I linked to above and I think they might seat better but wonder why they're each a full 2 inches shorter than those on my X and Rx series FrSky receivers.. will using them create a significant problem for someone like me that's always flying slope and parkflier planes well within visual range?

I assume that it's important to replace an antenna that's fallen off but frankly how important can it be ( say on a scale say from 1 to 10 where 1 is negligible and 10 is critically important for reliable reception) if the Rx still Binds and flies on one antenna Ok..I haven't done any range tests yet but plan to.. what will I find?
Sep 19, 2019, 05:44 PM
looking up, down under
scruffy1's Avatar
the exposed pat of the antenna is the "active" part - the rest is shielding to allow a longer run for installation

so the total length of the antenna is not actually very important


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FrSky Taranis - 16 Channels, Full Telemetry, RSSI Rotozuk Radios 55053 Oct 21, 2019 06:34 PM
Discussion FrSky Taranis - Owners thread mud99 Radios 2155 Jul 02, 2019 12:03 AM
Question FrSky Taranis - assimilating web info mcshaz Radios 10 Sep 10, 2015 02:34 PM
Discussion is the FrSky Taranis next step after Turnigy 9X 9Ch tormodnt Radios 3 Nov 30, 2014 07:58 PM