Mar 08, 2018, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubtoe
pressalltheknobs

I am still a bit vague on understanding the transmission of the RSSI data

So if I may can I try and convey my understanding..... the XM+ by means of it's electronic wizardry receives the Taranis ASSCT signal compiles from it, RSSI data, then squirts it along S-Bus chan16..... this is then received and interpreted by the FC and presents it on the OSD but does not send the info back to the Taranis - I think he's got-it ...joe
That is essentially correct.

Only the XM and the XM+ have this feature as far as I know and you have to flash a special version of the firmware to get it. There is a version that outputs RSSI on SBUS CH8 and a version that outputs RSSI on SBUS CH16. The normal version of the firmware just outputs the 16 channel values sent by the TX on SBUS.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2018, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1
Is this for real? Scary stuff! Previously the stuff of science fiction novels. I for one, worry that while the drones have no moral compass, the human controllers do. Not sure though......

CR
Mar 08, 2018, 05:12 PM
looking up, down under
it's a premonition, i think
Mar 09, 2018, 04:52 PM
Slope & Thermal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38
Is this for real? Scary stuff! Previously the stuff of science fiction novels. I for one, worry that while the drones have no moral compass, the human controllers do. Not sure though......

CR
The initial section of the video is grabbed from another YouTube item, Hail Industries Product Announcement, which in turn is a plug for the SciFi book series Hail Storm and Hail Warning
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ies_rw_dp_labf

Which is a good read. ☺
Last edited by Ray Dunn; Mar 09, 2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Correct the book names
Mar 09, 2018, 05:34 PM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Dunn
The initial section of the video is grabbed from another YouTube item, Hail Industries Product Announcement, which in turn is a plug for the SciFi book series Hail Storm and Hail Warning
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ies_rw_dp_labf

Which is a good read. ☺
Interesting... If itīs real or not !!??

Well the last 15-20 years it have been very real for some countries attacked by no-named countries drones
with horrible results where 80% of the kills have been children and innocent adults..

On the + side is that technological development is mostly driven by military paranoid needs,
and in the end it shows up on ebay as a "toy" for us to order...

Real? maybe not in detail, but in principal, yes very much so.
Mar 11, 2018, 11:42 AM
Quadaholic

GPS Speed with low cost GPS module

I am looking how to setup a $11 gps module to my Revolt flight controller and send the gps data back to taranis via the X4R-SB to display speed.

What ports to connect the gps and S.port to on FC. (I have 3 or 4 spare uarts)
FC settings (I run BetaFlight, port config, options to check),
Taranis FW version needed (I am still running 2.0.19),
Is LUA script needed.

Any links on how to do this? Thanks!

My gps module
https://www.banggood.com/NZ-GPS-For-...r_warehouse=CN
Mar 12, 2018, 09:58 AM
NTX Helidillos
Not sure about the revolt(or raceflight) so this may mean nothing or it may be similar: but most BF boards you can hook up the GPS to the board via normal betaflight procedures then as long as you connected to telemetry from the BF board to the RX you'll get the GPS info on your Taranis.
Mar 12, 2018, 01:40 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Just some thoughts: is there a cheap integrated flight controller having the same functions as these for mini fpv drones, but capable of stabilising a glider plane or small motorised plane?

Just imagine how much fun it would be to have a stabilised glider with fpv camera launched as a discus launched glider for kids (and me) to play with?
Mar 12, 2018, 01:44 PM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by l shems
Just some thoughts: is there a cheap integrated flight controller having the same functions as these for mini fpv drones, but capable of stabilising a glider plane or small motorised plane?

Just imagine how much fun it would be to have a stabilised glider with fpv camera launched as a discus launched glider for kids (and me) to play with?
If you feel like getting your feet wet with iNav (fork of BetaFlight), I've literally sold about a hundred of these setups. $25 a pop for FC/GPS/OSD. Shipped no less. Not good for a quad but perfect for a wing or plane

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...GPS-OSD-Combos
Latest blog entry: Reaper V2 is coming...
Mar 12, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:

Yes, they are the basis for many (most?) fixed-wing FPV setups. As mentioned most Betaflight flight controllers can be flashed with iNav instead, which is an alternate version with better GPS and fixed-wing features (and less suited to acro quads).

https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/wiki
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 12, 2018, 02:17 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
If you feel like getting your feet wet with iNav (fork of BetaFlight), I've literally sold about a hundred of these setups. $25 a pop for FC/GPS/OSD. Shipped no less. Not good for a quad but perfect for a wing or plane

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...GPS-OSD-Combos
Ok, so that is the FC part with GPS. Need to add a receiver and cam. Thanks for the link! Interesting stuff.

I actually am looking for even simpler and cheaper. Lol.

Those whoop things go for 20-40 bucks. They have an integrated receiver, cam, perhaps no GPS, but still stab and a pressure sensor for altitude hold?
Mar 12, 2018, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Those whoop things go for 20-40 bucks. They have an integrated receiver, cam, perhaps no GPS, but still stab and a pressure sensor for altitude hold?
They don't have a barometer... Only acceleration sensors
Mar 12, 2018, 04:28 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
They don't have a barometer... Only acceleration sensors
Ok, but they do have cam and stab and receiver. That's my main concern for a fixed wing. It's just so frustrating I can't hack one of those for use in a fixed wing.
Mar 12, 2018, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Ok, but they do have cam and stab and receiver. That's my main concern for a fixed wing. It's just so frustrating I can't hack one of those for use in a fixed wing.
They would run iNav OK but with built-in ESCs there are no outputs to connect servos to.

There may well be other FCs with an integrated receiver but no ESCs although I don't know of any offhand. Virtually all FCs have accelerometers (for self-leveling) ... you can turn them off in Betaflight if you want to save some CPU power for sophisticated filtering, fast loop times, etc.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 12, 2018, 05:36 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Thanks.

Perhaps someone has fiddled around in these things and knows if there are any to be used in a fixed wing.

Escs, what do they put out? Voltage between 0 and receiver supply, no?

Perhaps some servos can be tricked into eating that instead of ppm?

Quick Reply