FRSKY Taranis "How to" Thread - Page 1948 - RC Groups
Feb 08, 2018, 07:31 AM
The clock in my Taranas X9D (non-plus B model) has always lost time--a few minutes per month, at least, since it was new. So I don't know if it is necessarily the battery that is at fault. Hasn't been a big deal for me. But are Taranis clocks generally accurate?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2018, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnshagam
The clock in my Taranas X9D (non-plus B model) has always lost time--a few minutes per month, at least, since it was new. So I don't know if it is necessarily the battery that is at fault. Hasn't been a big deal for me. But are Taranis clocks generally accurate?
For an accurate clock I use my cell phone
Feb 08, 2018, 08:04 AM
RTC's tend to be a little inaccurate unless they use a good crystal oscillator. (which is more expensive)
Feb 08, 2018, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
Closest I got was a CR1220 on eBay, but I'm not sure as the ad is a bit vague.
Anyone know the replacement battery number?

Thanks
Bob
I would be extremely apprehensive about installing one of those cheap knock off's you find on ebay..... The last thing you want is one of those cheapos leaking inside your transmitter !! Instead, you can find something like this or the equivalent Duracel at your local ACE hardware or local drug store maybe....

https://www.batteryjunction.com/ener...SABEgJR_PD_BwE
Feb 08, 2018, 03:55 PM

Open Tx University?

All f a sudden I can't get on open-txu.org. Getting an error msg about "Mysql" extension. Am I the only one? Browser is Google chrome.

CR
Feb 08, 2018, 03:57 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38
All f a sudden I can't get on open-txu.org. Getting an error msg about "Mysql" extension. Am I the only one? Browser is Google chrome.

CR
We know of the problem, and are working on it.
Feb 08, 2018, 03:57 PM
looking up, down under
+1
cheap batteries in hidden places in valuable items is a losing strategy
Feb 08, 2018, 04:51 PM
Great Southern Land

Crow - the old method?

Phew! I have spent hours trying to find a simple way of getting both ailerons to go up when the flaps go down (Crow)on a glider without bothering with throttle input

There seem to be videos on this if using Companion, but I can't get Companion to talk to the Tx (that;s another phew!)

I used to have such a mix a couple of years ago and it worked well for landing on slopes, but can't recall the settings now

Instead of having those long wings waggling away while coming in close to the ground, with crow you could come in with plenty of height, and she would come down as in an elevator

I would appreciate any help

Thanks
Feb 08, 2018, 05:32 PM
Registered Taranis User
It's not as simple as you might think because you'll want to have reverse differential - a provision for the ailerons to come down farther than normal when spoilerons are deployed so that you'll retain roll control.

The task of programming all of the different possible functions of flaps and ailerons is the most complicated aspect of a full-house sailplane setup. You might want to go with Mike Shellim's setup.
Feb 08, 2018, 06:27 PM
Great Southern Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
It's not as simple as you might think because you'll want to have reverse differential - a provision for the ailerons to come down farther than normal when spoilerons are deployed so that you'll retain roll control.

The task of programming all of the different possible functions of flaps and ailerons is the most complicated aspect of a full-house sailplane setup. You might want to go with Mike Shellim's setup.
Thank you Mike
I will check that out
Feb 08, 2018, 07:53 PM
You will need to sort out your issues with using Companion before you can easily use Mike's setups. Do you need assistance with that?
Feb 08, 2018, 07:57 PM
I do almost all of my radio programming with Companion. It makes things much easier than the menus on the radio. I love being able to open multiple models at once and see how I programmed something that works. I use lots of logical stuff so that the radio can talk to me when I am flying FPV.
Feb 08, 2018, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
I do almost all of my radio programming with Companion. It makes things much easier than the menus on the radio. I love being able to open multiple models at once and see how I programmed something that works. I use lots of logical stuff so that the radio can talk to me when I am flying FPV.
I wish there was a "Like" button in RCG - but since there is not.. I just need to echo that this is so very true. There's no way to drag and drop - or have side by side models open or even copy and paste between models when using the TX to do setup, yet all of this is just so easy with OTXCompanion. Companion is the very best thing about OpenTX in my not so humble opinion.
Feb 09, 2018, 03:14 AM
Fly crash order parts repeate
Hi guys
I have been playing with this over the last couple of nights and it is a little tricky but not as hard as you think
I'm a little different to others as I like to do all of my programming through the Tx ( my thoughts are if I need to do something at the feild I can do it on the spot without the use of a laptop ??)
Anyway add a line to your elevator add the switch or slider, NOW shorten your weight and you may need to add an offset to bring them to neutral ??
I found I had to play with both weight and offset to get what I needed but it didn't to long
Make sure your elevators are equal not nessary your throws, it will vary from side to side depending on your setup

I did watch Andrew Newton YouTube on crow which helped a lot
Hope this helps

Cheer watho
P.S I got my flaps working first
Last edited by Watho 46; Feb 09, 2018 at 03:42 AM.
Feb 09, 2018, 10:31 PM
Great Southern Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
You will need to sort out your issues with using Companion before you can easily use Mike's setups. Do you need assistance with that?
Thanks from one crow eater (Mt. Gambier) to another

I will keep your offer in mind and PM you if I get stuck

Quick Reply