Id3: Hi 6s Pack
id7: Rcvr Battery Pack
Logical Switchs Or'd so that if any of the 3 have a low Cell, I get a warning
Plus a 150A Current Sensor.
Gus...
Last edited by Gus; Dec 24, 2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: remove name
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2017, 06:53 PM
Any idea how to make sd logs longer than 25s?
Dec 24, 2017, 07:24 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by junmarD4th
Any idea how to make sd logs longer than 25s?
Don't know what you're talking about. The log file uploaded in this post features several practice DLG launches in a row.

Wait, did you meant the interval between entries? The maximum interval is 25.5 seconds; did you want longer intervals?
Last edited by Miami Mike; Dec 24, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
Dec 24, 2017, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlisch
After using my Taranis X9D Plus extensively for the last two years flying mainly scale gliders and some quads 2 to 3 times a week all year round I would like to upgrade to either Horus X10S or Horus 12S. On my gliders I use up to 12 channels when I fly FPV including , vario, speed, and flight controllers or stabilizers with RTH. Got hooked with programing Open-Tx and just love this Tx with all it's possibilities.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
After doing some research for the last couple of weeks decided to go with the X12S, ordered one yesterday.
Dec 24, 2017, 08:41 PM
Great good for you Iím really happy with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlisch
After doing some research for the last couple of weeks decided to go with the X12S, ordered one yesterday.
Dec 25, 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
Don't know what you're talking about. The log file uploaded in this post features several practice DLG launches in a row.

Wait, did you meant the interval between entries? The maximum interval is 25.5 seconds; did you want longer intervals?
So it is intervals not one time? If so, then I won't need more.
By the way will it also log telemetry info?
Thanks.
Dec 25, 2017, 12:39 AM
It will log telemetry info but you have to tell it to do so by checking the log box on each sensor you want logged. It will be on the telemetry page on each telemetry item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junmarD4th
So it is intervals not one time? If so, then I won't need more.
By the way will it also log telemetry info?
Thanks.
Last edited by georgeg; Dec 25, 2017 at 02:13 AM.
Dec 25, 2017, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Iit will log telemetry info but you have to tell it to do so by checking the log box on each sensor you want logged. It will be on the telemetry page on each telemetry item.
Cool. Thank you.
Dec 25, 2017, 04:06 AM

Help please

I have just got a new Taranis X9d plus and am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of different threads there seems to be on the subject.
I'm quite keen to get reading but hoped to fly in a few days time and have little time alocated to me just now.
I use Frsky V8R 7 SP rx's in all my planes which are not made anymore but give superior range over the later rx's except for the L9R so I'm told.
I was using the Frsky DFT module in a Futaba radio using the 5dbi antenna.
I've realized the Taranis does not have a removable antenna and that modding it is not so easy so wondered if there is a module to fit the Taranis in which I can fit my better quality antenna to that will be compatable with my rx's ?
My Futaba set up gave me a 10km range virtually everytime so I'm hoping for similar performance from the Taranis but enjoy all it's extra features.
Failing this can I use the L9R with the tx as it is and still get good range ?
Thanks for looking
Dec 25, 2017, 04:22 AM
Happy FPV flyer
If you want to use a "first gen" V8R7 with the Taranis you'll a DJT module anyway since those old ones can't be controlled by the internal module.
Dec 25, 2017, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
If you want to use a "first gen" V8R7 with the Taranis you'll a DJT module anyway since those old ones can't be controlled by the internal module.
Thanks Kirah for your prompt help.
I've just had a look for a DJT and pleased to see they are pretty cheap.
I will order one then I can get around the antenna mod issue and continue using my old faithful rx's.
Am I correct in thinking that the internal module will work with the L9R should I buy one for a future model ?
Thanks
Dec 25, 2017, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
Thanks Kirah for your prompt help.
I've just had a look for a DJT and pleased to see they are pretty cheap.
I will order one then I can get around the antenna mod issue and continue using my old faithful rx's.
Am I correct in thinking that the internal module will work with the L9R should I buy one for a future model ?
Thanks
Yup, L9R should work with the internal XJT module.
Dec 25, 2017, 02:17 PM

Transmitter Level and Function?

I'm using the basics with my RF Simulator but still deciding what Transmitter to buy when I go "Real World". I've read a lot of comments as to what to buy and one interesting thing I found consistent is many advise you to buy a higher end Transmitter that has all the features and functions you can grow into. Even though you may not use some of the more complex capabilities in the beginning, it will help you avoid having several transmitters in your inventory you don't use.

I know there's two kinds of advice, Bad and Worse but I'm open to all comments.

Thanks!
Dec 25, 2017, 02:27 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Pretty easy there since unlike other manufacturers' products all FrSky radios have about the same capabilities, what changes is the hardware quality/comfort/form factor/bling.
Dec 25, 2017, 04:40 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover54
I'm using the basics with my RF Simulator but still deciding what Transmitter to buy when I go "Real World".
In all honesty, you don't have to commit right away. You can buy beginner's r/c models distributed by Horizon Hobbies and other vendors that come "RTF", meaning they include a cheap radio that requires no programming and works just fine with the model it came with. If you start out with something like that then you'll have a chance to decide how serious you are about the hobby before you commit to a more expensive r/c system.
Latest blog entry: Shepard Tone Vario Update

Quick Reply