FRSKY Taranis "How to" Thread - Page 11 - RC Groups
Jul 02, 2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
Use a curve. Make a curve to get the throws you want. In the mixes - edit pop up menu select that curve instead of differential. One curve should work for both ailerons, just invert the weight or whatever to get the proper response.

Ted
Hi Ted.
I agree: I have found that using curves is the better solution for aileron differential. I have however found that using one curve is not possible because they have to be opposite in shape. Also to get the throws for left and right travel equal on both sides both up and down, the curves are usually slightly different. Now this is no problem in the MIX window because you define one curve for the left aileron servo (about 7 up versus 4 down for a start is my preference ) and the opposite for the right aileron (still 7 up 4 down of course). Then you have to measure the full deflections to make sure each surface is travelling the same up and down then adjust one of the curves to get them equal. Yes, that is pedantic but then you are looking for nice axial rolls. Because flap linkages are usually quite different to aileron linkages sometimes hinged at a different palce to ailerons and having horns in a different geometric location, they require their own curves which are often not linear.
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2013, 05:19 AM
Couldn't somebody make a request to the Open Tx developers just to add the ability to input aileron differential, on my (non Open Tx) radio I can have different differential on each flight phase and also set the tx up to adjust differential in flight and then set it at the required value, I would think that would be a useful feature.
Jul 02, 2013, 05:21 AM
I managed to get the differential working using curves and diff.
Not quite sure if I am still doing it right as I had to have 2 curves, one for each aileron. The same for the diff function, one for each aileron. Still it is progress, another step along the way.
Jul 02, 2013, 11:22 AM

Toggle switch position

I'm not sure where to post this so apologies if this in in the wrong section.

Would it be an idea to ship Mode 1 sets with the toggle in position SH (as in all current sets) and Mode 2 sets with the toggle in position SF.

I'm fairly convinced this is how most mode 2 fliers would like it.

PS I'm in the UK and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Taranis from T9
Jul 02, 2013, 12:08 PM

What is the 'ONE' switch

In companion9x, for all switch options there is 'ONE' & '!ONE' what is that?
Jul 02, 2013, 12:12 PM

Video on sounds

Getting Started with Sound and custom Switches (13 min 18 sec)
Jul 02, 2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry_gerry
I'm not sure where to post this so apologies if this in in the wrong section.

Would it be an idea to ship Mode 1 sets with the toggle in position SH (as in all current sets) and Mode 2 sets with the toggle in position SF.

I'm fairly convinced this is how most mode 2 fliers would like it.

PS I'm in the UK and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Taranis from T9
It's a fine post.

The Taranis is manufactured on such a thin margin that manufacturing and stocking two different versions adds a level of complexity that is not warranted.

Fortunately, Switch exchanging is very simple as I demonstrated in this video.
Switch Switches - Exchanging F for H on the FrSky Taranis (4 min 58 sec)

And changing the sticks is very easy as demonstrated in this video:
Inside the FrSky Taranis -- a First look (7 min 27 sec)

But in the video I neglected to say that you also need to make the change in the firmware as shown in the attachment.
Jul 02, 2013, 04:23 PM
philsib
hmmm-what I really want most in a competition radio is a retract switch on the end of the throttle stick-so I can actuate it during the T.O. roll without losing rudder input.
I know I can modify it -but wish that were an available feature in this radio.
I've done it to my JR 10SXII.

Phil
Last edited by philsib; Jul 02, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
Jul 02, 2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS
Couldn't somebody make a request to the Open Tx developers just to add the ability to input aileron differential, on my (non Open Tx) radio I can have different differential on each flight phase and also set the tx up to adjust differential in flight and then set it at the required value, I would think that would be a useful feature.
Most if not all you ask for is already there. As has been said, aileron (and flap) differential can be easily added using the diff option if a linear response is wanted or a curve if non-linear. The value can be different for each flight phase. Althought I haven't done it, others have written that the value can be adjusted in flight by a pot (using Gvars). I don't know about then setting that value in flight, but it can certainly be done afterwards.
Jul 02, 2013, 10:02 PM
Snipe the Skies!
Nice work Scott! I will have to get the old laptop out and add that in!
Jul 02, 2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsib
hmmm-what I really want most in a competition radio is a retract switch on the end of the throttle stick-so I can actuate it during the T.O. roll without losing rudder input.

Phil
I would like hollow sticks with switch options, on/off 2 or 3 pos or momentary.
Jul 03, 2013, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsib

Phil
You can put it on your momentary switch or a trim switch.
Jul 03, 2013, 01:46 AM
Suncoaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry_gerry
In companion9x, for all switch options there is 'ONE' & '!ONE' what is that?
My understanding is that it is boolean logic "one' and "not one" IOW on and not on. Someone correct me if I have got it wrong

Dave
Jul 03, 2013, 02:18 AM

!One is the loneliest number

"one" is a switch that is executed once at power on and no more - useful for power on sound.
"!one" is something not active at start but active all the time after.
Jul 03, 2013, 02:22 AM

What to do first when you recieve your Taranis

Just uploaded a difficult video to make. Perhaps it's the heat, don't know.

It's on what to do IMMEDIATELY AFTER you receive your Taranis before you decide to have fun with it. - covers
  • How to delete models
  • Testing switches
  • Testing knobs and sliders
  • Calibrating knobs, sliders, and sitcks
  • Calibrating battery
  • Downloading C9x (briefy)
  • Flashing updated firmware -- which is something that everybody is going to want to do.

What to do first when you get your FrSky Taranis - a little of this and a little of that (12 min 17 sec)
Last edited by scott page; Jul 03, 2013 at 02:55 AM.