FRSKY Taranis "How to" Thread - Page 1001 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 21, 2014, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsat
WARNING. Don't buy from this electronicarc webshop in Sevilla (Spain) . Look at their many negative reviews .
You didn't give us a link to avoid!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2014, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes
Hi
I've searched the internet, and found nothing useful. I've also tried to duplicate a model, and after duplicating a model they have the same model# until i save them in the same profile on my Taranis. If there's another way to have two or more model profiles on this radio, i hope someone can point me in the direction of that document.

Thanks
Jorn
You can have 60 model set ups ( if that is what you mean by profiles) and they can all be set to work off one RX, if that is what you want to do.
This is done in model settings, you bind your first model to a RX number,( "00" would be a good number for multiple models set to one RX).
To set a RX number, switch on RX, short press MENU, select a model set up ( ignore this if a model you want is already selected) by using the +/- buttons to move the cursor to the model location you want. long press ENT button and "select model" should be highlighted. Press ENT .
Once you have a model selected. Selected model will have a * infront of the number. Short press should take you to the Model Setup page. Use the "-" button to scroll down to the Reciever number. Press ENT and the cursor will flash. Use +/- buttons to scroll to "00" or whatever number you want to use. Then bind the RX.
The rest of your models should then all be set as above to the same number, but there is no need to bind them.

Tom
Dec 21, 2014, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggdoc
You didn't give us a link to avoid!
electronicarc webshop
Dec 21, 2014, 04:48 PM
Still flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
You can have 60 model set ups ( if that is what you mean by profiles) and they can all be set to work off one RX, if that is what you want to do.
This is done in model settings, you bind your first model to a RX number,( "00" would be a good number for multiple models set to one RX).
To set a RX number, switch on RX, short press MENU, select a model set up ( ignore this if a model you want is already selected) by using the +/- buttons to move the cursor to the model location you want. long press ENT button and "select model" should be highlighted. Press ENT .
Once you have a model selected. Selected model will have a * infront of the number. Short press should take you to the Model Setup page. Use the "-" button to scroll down to the Reciever number. Press ENT and the cursor will flash. Use +/- buttons to scroll to "00" or whatever number you want to use. Then bind the RX.
The rest of your models should then all be set as above to the same number, but there is no need to bind them.

Tom
Tom
I' ve mixed the profile, model and settings but I see it clearly now. I give it a try tomorrow, thanks a lot.

Jorn
Dec 21, 2014, 05:13 PM
X8R fail safe

I have an X8R receiver installed in a gas setup, where the power to the ignition is controlled by an opto kill switch. I want to set the failsafe up so that the channel defaults to kill the ignition.

When I setup the failsafe (push FS button less than 1 second, green light flashes twice) it all looks good, and the failsafe operates as expected, until I power off the receiver… then the receiver appears to lose the failsafe and default back to having no failsafe. Is there an operation required to ‘save’ the failsafe options?
Can anybody point me in the right direction? I might try another receiver?
Dec 21, 2014, 05:15 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes
Hi
I've searched the internet, and found nothing useful. I've also tried to duplicate a model, and after duplicating a model they have the same model# until i save them in the same profile on my Taranis. If there's another way to have two or more model profiles on this radio, i hope someone can point me in the direction of that document.

Thanks
Jorn
The model number you are interested in is called Receiver Number in OpenTX. It is near the bottom in the Model Menu. When you copy a model to another location it will have the same receiver number as the original. Make an changes to the copied model you want. They will both work without rebinding.
Dec 21, 2014, 06:03 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by brones
X8R fail safe

I have an X8R receiver installed in a gas setup, where the power to the ignition is controlled by an opto kill switch. I want to set the failsafe up so that the channel defaults to kill the ignition.

When I setup the failsafe (push FS button less than 1 second, green light flashes twice) it all looks good, and the failsafe operates as expected, until I power off the receiver… then the receiver appears to lose the failsafe and default back to having no failsafe. Is there an operation required to ‘save’ the failsafe options?
Can anybody point me in the right direction? I might try another receiver?
You have to select the type of failsafe in the model setup page.
If you want to use the receiver button press method then choose "Receiver".

This is only available in 2.0.

In earlier versions you have to set up fail-safes from the transmitter by choosing "CUSTOM" and then entering the SET menu.
In there you can store each channels failsafe state.

Pat MacKenzie
Dec 21, 2014, 08:13 PM
Hey guys..... I've searched and searched and cannot seem to find an answer on how to change the A1 and A2 alarms to say "receiver battery low" and "flight battery low" instead of "A1 low" or "A2 low"

Please help, if there is even a way of changing it

Thanks
Dec 21, 2014, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick
Hey guys..... I've searched and searched and cannot seem to find an answer on how to change the A1 and A2 alarms to say "receiver battery low" and "flight battery low" instead of "A1 low" or "A2 low"

Please help, if there is even a way of changing it

Thanks
These are the sound files. Replace them with your custom files.

a1_org.wav a1 low
a1_red.wav a 1 critical
a2_org.wav a 2 low
a2_red.wav a2 critical
Dec 21, 2014, 08:30 PM
Duplicated, typed too slow...
Dec 21, 2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you for your quick response ...... Ok so now where do I get the same chicks voice to say what I want, to replace them?
Dec 21, 2014, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Thank you for your quick response ...... Ok so now where do I get the same chicks voice to say what I want, to replace them?
Are you talking about the default chick or Amber?

Or, maybe the quickest option if you have an Android phone is to use Smart Voice Recorder, get your own chick, and record whatever you want said.
Dec 21, 2014, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Crystal is close.
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
Dec 22, 2014, 02:39 AM
Still flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro
The model number you are interested in is called Receiver Number in OpenTX. It is near the bottom in the Model Menu. When you copy a model to another location it will have the same receiver number as the original. Make an changes to the copied model you want. They will both work without rebinding.
Thanks maguro!

Jorn
Dec 22, 2014, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
You have to select the type of failsafe in the model setup page.
If you want to use the receiver button press method then choose "Receiver".

Pat MacKenzie
Cheers Pat, worked a treat!