HL Sherman M4A3W 75mm Conversion Build - RC Groups
Jun 15, 2013, 11:19 AM
Build Log

HL Sherman M4A3W 75mm Conversion Build

Build Brief: Sherman M4A3W 75mm Jiving Joan, WWII Mediterranean Theater of Operations; Italy.

I think the HL Sherman is a pretty nice RTR and the OEM assembly for the one I received was clean.

* The tank ran just fine out of the box, but I couldn't leave well enough alone because I wanted a club infrared battle tank
• I went to my spare parts boxes to see what I could do in the way of a HL+Tamiya Sherman M4A3W 75mm conversion.
• Removed the HL rc electronics and BB gear
* Added Tamiya Pershing DMD Controllers (Ford V8/Gas) bought from the local Amiee & Jeff Ousley rc tank team
• TBU, emitter in the barrel
• Uses Nick's 75mm resin mantlet & 75mm barrel
• Unmodified VVSS suspension
• Very lightly modified hull
• Tamiya Elevation Unit with Daryl Turner Metal Elevation Arm.
• HL turret rotation system
• Using the basic stock gear boxes, but added Tamiya 380 rc tank motors, bought the low cost model with plastic tracks, which work OK

• The free HL RC Parts are now gone.

Enjoy, John
Last edited by C4ISTAR; Jul 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2013, 03:10 AM
very nice conversion mate
well done!!
Jun 18, 2013, 09:46 AM
Nice job!
Jun 20, 2013, 02:24 PM

Sherman 75mm DMD Hull Package Setup

Thanks guys!

The gear just about dropped right in for this simple little fun build.

RUNS GREAT.

And a 6 year old next Sunday afternoon is going to get to play tanks for the first time.

Enjoy, John
Last edited by C4ISTAR; Jul 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
Jun 20, 2013, 10:12 PM
HEY that is neat sounds to me you have a or will have a new tanker . Allways nice to have some one to play with. IT dose get boring doing it on your own . Unless your doing some testing on something or checking it out. When I am testing the ships I usely like to be on my own that way I can keep an eye on what is going on . BUT it is neat to have some one elest with ya when your out somewhear from your home playing . Let us know on how it goes. FOR OUR Meet up here in Portland coming this sunday it looks like rain.;-(( We will see ? Don