Aug 18, 2019, 12:08 PM
215.0 MPH
Local field here in Essex!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Webb
Apologies if this is a repeated question. Getting ready to start the build and looking for recommendations on servos seeing how the recommended ones are no longer available.

Also it calls for a match box for the servos? Is this needed as they to seem to be discontinued as well.

Thanks in advance for any help, hope to have this one built and flying soon.

Beers and Cheers,
Matt
If you have a modern computer radio with 7+ channels then there is no need for a match box. plug each servo into its own channel and adjust throws in the radio to match.

Dennis
Aug 20, 2019, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C
If you have a modern computer radio with 7+ channels then there is no need for a match box. plug each servo into its own channel and adjust throws in the radio to match.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. Using a DX8 so sounds like I'm good to go.
Oct 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
Anyone have a canopy for this plane?
I picked up one that needs a little attention and the canopy had been melted from sitting in the sun one day.
Dec 17, 2019, 07:37 PM

Spinner

Anyone have a spare 3" spinner laying around willing to sell it to me. PM me if you do!
Jan 11, 2020, 09:33 AM
I've always loved the Beast 60 E and spent many a day watching a fellow club mate fly his.
He has now moved on to large turbine models and has offered me the Beast for 400 Euros (450 dollars). The model is in excellent condition and fully equipped with quality servos + stock e-flite motor and ESC. I have spare 8/10 channel RX's and would only need to buy a suitable flight battery.

It seems like a good deal to me but is there anything I should be wary of before committing to buy? I would only be flying it as a sports aerobat model.

Cheers.
Jan 11, 2020, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix239
I've always loved the Beast 60 E and spent many a day watching a fellow club mate fly his.
He has now moved on to large turbine models and has offered me the Beast for 400 Euros (450 dollars). The model is in excellent condition and fully equipped with quality servos + stock e-flite motor and ESC. I have spare 8/10 channel RX's and would only need to buy a suitable flight battery.
It seems like a good deal to me but is there anything I should be wary of before committing to buy? I would only be flying it as a sports aerobat model.
Cheers.
Used RC equipment loses value very rapidly. You normally will never get what you have spent. However, I think the price is reasonable if you really want the model. I have about $680 spent on my Beast (without the motor Lipo). As they, it is worth what you are willing to pay!

Since you have seen this model actually flying and you like it, I would say go for it!
-Vic
Jan 11, 2020, 07:37 PM
If you know the seller and trust his work, the risk of a lemon is low.

The one change I made buying mine used, and that is strongly recommended by many in this thread was redoing the aileron linkages so that the maximum throw on high rates is about what the manual suggests for low rates. Even so, roll rate on the reduced high rate is super fast so I fly on mid to low aileron rates most of the time.
Jan 12, 2020, 02:31 AM
Go ahead!

To commemorate the 500th flight, and still alive...

500 ème Vol du Beast 60 E-Flite (4 min 5 sec)

JM
Jan 12, 2020, 03:38 PM
Wow! That is great to get that many flights on one model. I also like flying my Beast - it is just a really great flying plane with NO bad habits. I don't have a chance at getting that many flights on one model since I have 25+ planes to fly. I flew 23 of them last season.
-Vic
Jan 13, 2020, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyrc_vic
Wow! That is great to get that many flights on one model. I also like flying my Beast - it is just a really great flying plane with NO bad habits. I don't have a chance at getting that many flights on one model since I have 25+ planes to fly. I flew 23 of them last season.
-Vic
Hi Vic, I flew "only" 19 last season...But the Beast is one of my favorites

My Hangar

JM

Quick Reply