VectorDD gimbal - Assembly, setup and balancing - Page 7 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 25, 2013, 05:36 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo
Do you have any videos?

I'm thinking of purchasing this but still not sure
DJI Phantom Stock vs T motor (4 min 39 sec)


That's with the stock profile. Stock motors vs tiger motors.

There was way less vibration with the tigers but there is a tiny bit left. This is pretty much gone now. Probably as good as it's going to be. No video with the new profile yet.

It's an awesome gimbal. Definitely worth it and customer service from Jussi is amazing.

There will also be a 3 axis upgrade. Can't wait!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2013, 03:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen
I tweaked my gimbal a bit. I set my D settings to 7 (they were set to 9 in VecorDD_Silent) on tilt and roll. It seems like the last bit of vibrations I had left in the Phantom are pretty much GONE. It's amazing now! Dead stable, and basically NO vibrations!
What kind of vibrations did you have that are fixed now? Mine jittters for the fraction of a second on the pitch axis when I go from a fast forward to fast backward movement. I could easily avoid that by flying more smoothly … it is definitely no problem, but maybe I can even get rid of that tiny issue. Other than that, it works amazing ...
Last edited by Zlui; Jun 26, 2013 at 03:47 AM.
Jun 26, 2013, 04:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlui
What kind of vibrations did you have that are fixed now? Mine jittters for the fraction of a second on the pitch axis when I go from a fast forward to fast backward movement. I could easily avoid that by flying more smoothly … it is definitely no problem, but maybe I can even get rid of that tiny issue. Other than that, it works amazing ...
I am talking about the high frequency vibration. It's more visible with my stock motors - see video (vibrations inside the video "frame"). The roll and pitch are not moving, but you can see the image inside the video is "bouncy" in certain areas. It got better with the T-motors, as they give less vibration down to the camera gimbal, but with the D gains set lower (you want them as low as possible) it doesn't do the very small corrections, based on the vibrations (it just ignores them), which in turn provides smoother video (vibrations are pretty much gone).

I guess you can think of it as holding a camera with your elbows on the table and relaxing your muscles. It will be stable, but if you tense ALL your muscles in your arms and hands (as much as you can) you will get a bunch of small jitters (all the time).
Last edited by beamen; Jun 26, 2013 at 04:19 AM.
Jun 26, 2013, 04:18 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen
I am talking about the high frequency vibration. It's more visible with my stock motors - see video (vibrations inside the video "frame"). The roll and pitch are not moving, but you can see the image inside the video is "bouncy" in certain areas. It got better with the T-motors, as they give less vibration down to the camera gimbal, but with the D gains set lower (you want them as low as possible) it doesn't do the very small corrections, based on the vibrations (it just ignores them), which in turn provides smoother video (vibrations are pretty much gone).
Any pics of how you have it mounted to the phantom?
Jun 26, 2013, 04:24 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Any pics of how you have it mounted to the phantom?


I used tppacks isolation mount and drilled out 4 holes for the gimbal (in the bottom plate).
Jun 26, 2013, 05:59 AM
F550 Pilot
Merko's Avatar
Jussi been busy latley? Ordered 2x Alexmos on Sunday, still no shipping..
Jun 26, 2013, 08:25 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
I just wanted to let you know, that there will be a delay on parcels from Viacopter.

I am downed with a serious pneumonia and I cannot go the postoffice in my current state. Someone will come tomorrow and take care of outstanding orders since monday. Orders from the weekend is already shipped.

Anyone that wants it, can cancel the order and get a refund.
Jun 26, 2013, 08:29 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH
I just wanted to let you know, that there will be a delay on parcels from Viacopter.

I am downed with a serious pneumonia and I cannot go the postoffice in my current state. Someone will come tomorrow and take care of outstanding orders since monday. Orders from the weekend is already shipped.

Anyone that wants it, can cancel the order and get a refund.
Get some rest and get healthy, sounds like the stress and workload is getting the best of you.
Jun 26, 2013, 11:45 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Get some rest and get healthy, sounds like the stress and workload is getting the best of you.
Thanks...its stressing me to be ill, thats for sure. Have too many outstanding issues I need to fix
Jun 27, 2013, 12:38 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Here is another video from KissSystems, longtime AQ team member...

ViacopterGimball AQ6 quadrocopter (5 min 26 sec)
Jun 27, 2013, 10:27 PM
Registered User
BJM-Maxx's Avatar
Can someone just confirm I have this right? You attach the main battery to these two locations. What gauge wire are people using. Also what are these terminals used for.
Jun 28, 2013, 03:23 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM-Maxx
Can someone just confirm I have this right? You attach the main battery to these two locations. What gauge wire are people using. Also what are these terminals used for.
The pins on the left are for serial connections - i.e. if you want to use a wireless connection, i.e. use a bluetooth module to control the settings or switch between profiles.
Jun 30, 2013, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Hi, I find it difficult to get the pitch axis perfectly stable, especially when flying forward. What PID settings would you change? I am using the VectorDD_silent profile. Or does the connection between copter and gimbal allow to much vibration?

130630 Test Flight in Park (0 min 0 sec)


Cheers
Zlui
Last edited by Zlui; Jun 30, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Jul 01, 2013, 07:19 AM
Registered User
Jussi,

Please give me a link to the front plate. I just bought the GP3BE, so I need that front plate + padding (I have the GP1/2 gimbal).

Thanks.
Last edited by beamen; Jul 02, 2013 at 04:07 AM.
Jul 02, 2013, 10:24 AM
Registered User
Jussi, did you get my RMA e-mail?

Happy Canada day to my fellow Canucks.

Clarksburg Thornbury Canada Day Parade 2013 (11 min 16 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! E-sky Lama v4 balance and setup of metal swashplate deanprince23 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 16 Apr 14, 2013 11:24 PM
Discussion 3x 1S balanced charging lead: How to setup correctly? nr1 Batteries and Chargers 3 Jan 15, 2013 02:55 PM
Discussion advice on a good quad setup for Hero3 w/gimbal TheFlyingCamera Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Jan 11, 2013 02:16 AM
Discussion Naza gimbal setup problems crdodd Multirotor Drone Talk 3 Jan 07, 2013 01:16 PM
Mini-HowTo Optimizing Gimbal Setup for Filming - CineStar Gimbal tabbytabb Multirotor Drone Talk 2 Nov 29, 2011 02:00 PM