Jun 12, 2013, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Sherman M4A3 Tank, Waltersons Heng Long 1/16th RC tank review

Hi guys, hope you are all well.
Finally after putting my life back together I am back with the RC hobby.

I just managed to do a in depth video review of the above tank and present it here for your enjoyment and comments.

Sherman M4A3 Tank, Waltersons Heng Long 1/16th RC tank review (24 min 2 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
very good review. Dont have one yet but Do have future plans of adding one sooner or later. I do have one question what did you fine for run time with that battery at full charge or at least an idea.?
Thank you agian . DON THE Rustbucket
Jun 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
Hi and thanks, not really had a chance to find out yet, but based on my Tiger 1 I think around 30 mins would be right.
Jun 13, 2013, 07:22 AM
When you oil/lube that gearbox on the Sherman, make sure you drop (take off) the transmission/nose cover and get some oil on those axles/bearings too! Oiling it this way misses those critical areas and that is where you will have most of your gearbox failures.

Also it's a good practice to "break in" that gearbox FIRST, before using it. Pulling it out of the tank and setting it in some oil while running the gears will cut down on the noise too. This will make the gearbox last longer, sound better and decrease battery usage too.

And the turret ring has a stop on it. Cut it off by repeating the ring tooth pattern so that you can use the turret rotation more like the real thing. Just remember how many times you did rotate the turret so you can go back the same way to avoid wire wrapping.

~ Jeff

Quick Reply