How to make brushless SuperCP with BLHeli firmware - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by sachiho, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 11, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mini-HowTo

How to make brushless SuperCP with BLHeli firmware

To make brushless SuperCP with BLHeli, the lowpass noise filter which crasy666 proposed is required.

Or if you have a program stick, the special firmware for SuperCP of T.Hiro can also be tried without hardware mod.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2103

Here, hardware modification how to carry out the signal of SuperCP like miniCP is explained.

Even in zero throttle, the noise in a cycle of 3 ms is contained in the main and tail motor signals of SCP. This noise is not in miniCP.
For this noise, BLHeli does not start operation but continues performing the music of an error.

Even in zero throttle, It has a noise in a cycle of 3 ms.

In order to take out a signal correctly, a motor connector is not used but it recommends strongly taking out from just before FET with soldering.
A soldering point is in a picture. Red is a main motor and blue is a signal of a tail motor.

The noise filter of C and R is made in the place which connects the taken-out signal to ESC.
Although R is only connected with a signal in series, C needs to branch T character type and it is necessary to connect it with GND via C.

Since GND is common to RX board and ESC, in the picture (oversky double ESC), it has connected to the GND point in an ESC board.
When GND of ESC is not known, connect to the black line of a battery connector.

The constant of C and R :
Crasy666's original: C=100nF, R=100ohm
The filter which operates certainly although it is very strong. A weak throttle signal will also disappear.

The zero throttle signal after using a Crasy's filter

My best setting: C=10nF, R=470ohm
The filter which operates completely in my SuperCP although it is very weak.

The zero throttle signal after using a filter of my constants.

The strength of a filter is a product of C and R.
It becomes a filter with large C or stronger larger R.

This is my BLHeli-SuperCP video. It can fly for 5 minutes by stock 240mAh lipo, 10minutes by walkera 360mAh lipo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=Y-irp-rzPKs#!
Last edited by sachiho; Jun 14, 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: fixing typo
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply