This thread is privately moderated by taz101, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 08, 2013, 12:11 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

DURAFLY T-28 new EASY metal trunnion mod.

My Durafly T-28 Easy to do metal trunnion mod!!
Hey guys,
I have found a very easy to do metal trunnion mod for the nose gear!!
It is a direct replacement for the original plastic trunnion!!
All you need is a small Philips head screwdriver, allen(hex) key, a pair of pliers, ten minutes and one of these........http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/3381
....... from PW-RC. (if the link above just goes to the PW-RC home page, it just means he is out of stock. Try again in a couple of days or send him an email.)

Photo1- What you get, you get two of these.

Photo2- Unscrew the little pin and disregard the leg and pin(you will not need these)

Photo3- The old metal trunnion and the new metal trunnion.
[img]https/m1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/Onetaz101/photo-81.jpg[/IMG]

Photo4- Here you can see how their is now no need to grind or file any flats on the collar and steering arm!!!

Photo5- All finished read to put back in the aircraft!!

Here is a quick demo I did on YouTube to help anyone!!
Metal trunnion mod. Durafly T-28 nose retract (7 min 30 sec)

Hope this help some of you guys!!
Post any questions if you need any more info!!

LURCH
Last edited by taz101; Jun 30, 2019 at 08:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2013, 02:35 PM
Great instructions !! you don't happen to have a fix for Dynam corsair retracts do you??
Jun 30, 2013, 06:17 PM
Very timely article Taz.... I managed to break all my landing gear and prop when I stalled on takeoff on the weekend... do you have the part number above , I tried the link but it failed so may mean he is out of stock as you suggest but was hoping to see if I can find the part elsewhere.. thanks, Tim

(Just went back in and saw this link at right of screen "Notify me of updates to Metal trunnion of MINI szie 90 rotate retract -- for upgrade" assume this is the part I need?)
Oct 19, 2013, 07:55 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Thread OP
Here is an update for the parts list from PW-RC

1.This-Metal trunnion of mini size 90 rotate retract
2.This-Mini Metal Trunnion allowing steering arm
3.This-Mini Retract 90 rotate with metal trunnion
All of these options will work.
The first two if your retract still works and the third if you retract has broken as well.
Unfortunately they all come as pairs!

LURCH
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Oct 25, 2013, 10:25 PM
did this mod .. works great .. thanks!!
Dec 05, 2013, 11:30 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!

Woot!

Just did mine! I wish I'da re watched the viddy 1st as I ground the side of the off set for the E clip and I could have just slid it in sideways. DOH!

Thanx for the viddy and the help!

b
Mar 09, 2014, 05:15 AM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Taz 101:

Thank you!

Tom
Jul 09, 2014, 07:32 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
My Durafly T-28 Easy to do metal trunnion mod!!
Hey guys,
I have found a very easy to do metal trunnion mod for the nose gear!!
It is a direct replacement for the original plastic trunnion!!
All you need is a small Philips head screwdriver, allen(hex) key, a pair of pliers, ten minutes and one of these........http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/3381
....... from PW-RC. (if the link above just goes to the PW-RC home page, it just means he is out of stock. Try again in a couple of days or send him an email.)

Photo1- What you get, you get two of these.

Photo2- Unscrew the little pin and disregard the leg and pin(you will not need these)

Photo3- The old metal trunnion and the new metal trunnion.

Photo4- Here you can see how their is now no need to grind or file any flats on the collar and steering arm!!!

Photo5- All finished read to put back in the aircraft!!

Here is a quick demo I did on YouTube to help anyone!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqsD9FIuceM

Hope this help some of you guys!!
Post any questions if you need any more info!!

LURCH
Thank you! That was VERY helpful.

Tom
Sep 07, 2014, 04:32 PM
Just got my new Durafly T-28 last week from the UK warehouse and it came as standard with a metal trunion on the front retract!
Oct 13, 2015, 02:54 PM
Is that by hazard, or is it always a metal trunion now?

Quick Reply