This thread is privately moderated by mckolit, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 07, 2013, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Projectflightdes Funjet clone

Saw schraut5 on youtube making a funjet clone, I had previously made his 30" and 40" wings, so I wanted to try this one out too.

I wanted to try it out with an armin wing, so I drew out the plans and copied the wing portion onto some paper.

I made a mirror image so I could cut out a wing to fold over.

Wings done.

Bottom

I kept the wing strakes? on and just folded the wings over the triangle piece. Made the fuselage as per instructions with pink foam. Will try to get it done this weekend and hopefully maiden next week. I'm going to put the electronics I had on my snicemitar over. 2200kv motor and 40amp esc. 9 gram servos.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2013, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
More work done.

Cut a slit through the top of the wing for the vertical stabilizers.

And both stabs on

Shot of the airfoil. Using a wood dowel as a spar.

Only need to sand the fuselage to shape and locate the proper battery position for cg and it should be ready to fly. Was going to use a 3s 1300mah lipo but to get proper cg I would've had to put the lipo all the way at the nose. So I'll try a 3s 2200 instead.
Jun 09, 2013, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
Ready to fly. Sanded and taped up the nose. Will use a 3s 2200.

Jul 08, 2013, 02:44 PM
Very Nice!!! You get this baby up and flying? I really like it with the Armin Wing
Jul 09, 2013, 02:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectFlightDes
Very Nice!!! You get this baby up and flying? I really like it with the Armin Wing
Not yet. Still fighting cg issues.

Quick Reply