Got mine!!!

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 01:39 PM
Old newb

Another save courtesy UHU Por

Love UHU Por

UHU Por works best as a contact cement.

It reforms hinges. I put a second coat on for good measure. Packing tape on the ends to be sure.

Be sure to follow the directions relating to cure times.

Since we need to fix our Ka8s, I like to share my techniques.

Note, in a pinch you could make a new elevator out of sheet foam. Some meat packages are big enough.

Keep them flying!
Oct 26, 2020, 02:20 PM
BMFA 190658
^ like ^
Oct 30, 2020, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
Got mine!!!

Bob
See........all pretty, new, & nice.

Now I just gonna do some transplantation & try & make the rest of it look this nice seeing how that's about all that will fly these days around here in San Diego.

Nice repair Walt!
Thanks for the tip!

Bob
Oct 30, 2020, 10:48 AM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
Got mine!!!

Bob
#MeToo

I got a whole Ka8 that got itsí nose wiped off.

With the new fuse I think I can now create that unique Ka8 with different colored trim.

It is just too boring to see only ones trimmed with red.

But my trusty beater still flies (thanks to the above repair.)
Oct 30, 2020, 10:59 AM

K8 Scheme

Love this plane and lucky to own two. One is a slope beater and the other for aerotow. This is the aerotow version.
Oct 30, 2020, 11:15 AM
Nice Fred I like it!

Hey Walter, did you fix the other stuff too with the above-mentioned fixes?
Oct 30, 2020, 01:22 PM
Sure wish Horizon did spare parts. Strange business model of no support after the model does its 18 month run and done.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Oct 30, 2020, 02:52 PM
Friend of Foam
Not cost effective to do this.....lot's of models are in the same boat. Multiplex stuff comes to mind.
Latest blog entry: New Toughjets ducted fan jet
Oct 30, 2020, 05:30 PM
Yeah one of life's unfair things I guess.

I suppose if someone owns one and has a 3D printer, they could take each of the plastic pieces off the model and scan it and have files for if they ever need to make a new one.

Unless totally destroyed, foam can be fixed relatively easily.

In regards to that video surfimp (Steve Lange) took of Swiss Peter (Eric Johnson) flying his highly modified and highly maneuverable PZ Ka-8................. I have done every kind of search I can think of but for the life of me cannot find it, so IDK, maybe it got deleted or something. It was really cool though I tell you........ flaps added, wing control surfaces increased, his typical swiss cheese lightening holes, and able to perform VTPR maneuvers. Very impressive, and looked fun as hell!

In fact, whatever happened to surfimp?
Did he pass away or something?
It's like you just dropped off the face of the RC sloping earth after Sept. 2019.

Bob
Last edited by fly2bob; Oct 30, 2020 at 05:48 PM.
Oct 30, 2020, 08:21 PM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
Sure wish Horizon did spare parts. Strange business model of no support after the model does its 18 month run and done.
They support models for 2 years minimum after they cease production.

They stopped these over 5 years ago now.

If they were good sellers they would keep making them.
Oct 31, 2020, 08:06 AM
BMFA 190658
I needed a spare set of wings so I got a BnF when they were on offer.

Still got the fuselage in the box (minus the voltage regulator) with the damaged wings.

Repairing the wings isn't out of the question. Just need some spare foam, or maybe balsa, to buildup the rear mounting holes again.

Something to do if I end up at the club on a rainy day!
Oct 31, 2020, 09:28 AM
Old newb
I am sure you can do it!
Oct 31, 2020, 03:26 PM
Still got mine, but my friends gotten eaten by the mice in his store room!

Problem today I find is that every power flier I know who wants to try a glider insists it has to have a motor in it, just in case.........................
Oct 31, 2020, 03:57 PM
BMFA 190658
I usually agree but I'm happy to make an exception for this one!

I've thrown it off a slope in nill wind javelin style and gained enough height to sniff for thermals then land upslope at my feet when I'm done.

On one particular day I had better flights than an Alula

Quick Reply